dick clark productions (dcp) and Tubefilter tonight announced winners of the “2020 YouTube Streamy Awards,” which celebrated the year’s best online content and creators. Hosted by Trixie Mattel and Katya, the show premiered globally and exclusively on YouTube via youtube.com/streamys.
The full show, at-home nominee interviews and additional exclusive content, are now available on the Streamys YouTube channel, as part of the weekend-long global creator community celebration on YouTube.
Trixie Mattel and Katya kicked off the 10-year anniversary event by jumping on the Streamys “Glamtram” and taking the show on the road. The night featured an abundance of special moments, including the introduction of Streamys Creator Honors, allowing past winners to present tributes to their favorite 2020 creators whose work personally resonated with them. The show also featured creator-led spotlights, which shed light on important cultural and social issues that have impacted us globally this year.
The show featured creators including: Bretman Rock, Brittany Broski, Camila Loures, Casey Neistat, Charli D’Amelio, David Dobrik, Dixie D’Amelio, Dream, James Charles, LaurDIY, MrBeast, Mark Rober, MatPat and Stephanie Patrick from The Game Theorists, Rebecca Zamolo, Shalom Blac, Tabitha Brown, and ZHC. The show also included electrifying performances by Doja Cat (“Say So”), Lewis Capaldi (“Before You Go”), and Tones And I (“Dance Monkey”).
- Show hosts Trixie Mattel and Katya stopped by creators’ homes to surprise them with awards, from the safety of their driveways, including David Dobrik (Collaboration) and Tabitha Brown (Food).
- Mark Rober presented the top award of the night – Creator of the Year – to MrBeast via a scenic drone delivery.
- Liza Koshy crashed Taylor Cassidy’s video interview to surprise her with a Streamys Creator Honor, encouraging her to continue making wonderful content. Koshy helped Cassidy commemorate the honor with a hilarious, collaborative acceptance speech.
- James Charles made an appearance on the Glamtram and participated in a fun mystery box search for his slime-covered Streamy Award for Show of the Year.
- Wellness advocate Jay Shetty spoke out on the real life mental health challenges the world faced in 2020, ending with an empowering message of unity and gratitude toward those taking action to help bring light and care into the world.
- Juanpa Zurita surprised long-time friend Brent Rivera with a Streamys Creator Honor with confetti, slime, and a butler delivering the statue on a silver platter.
- Lilly Singh presented Kenyan creator Elsa Majimbo with a special honor that she titled “Best New Comedy Creator of 2020.” Singh praised Majimbo’s comedy style, calling her an icon and revealing that Majimbo helped her laugh throughout 2020.
- Amber Whittington (AmbersCloset) summed up the eventful year with regard to racial justice, starting with the tragic death of George Floyd, which sparked a global social justice movement. She shared a powerful message of unity, highlighting how the “creator community amplified the movement by using their platforms to speak out against injustice and the need for change.”
- Brittany Broski visited the Glamtram to surprise Trixie Mattel and Katya with their first ever Streamy Award for Unscripted Series.
- AsapSCIENCE presented their curated spotlight for Innovation & Adaptability, recognizing how creators have positively contributed during the pandemic by being sources of accurate scientific information and teaching their followers how to adapt to the new normal. The duo urged their fans, family, and followers to wear masks, social distance, and learn more about the pandemic.
The “2020 YouTube Streamy Awards” is executive produced by dick clark productions’ Ariel Elazar, Rika Camizianos, Alexi Mazareas and Michael Nieporent as well as Streamy Awards founders Drew Baldwin and Joshua Cohen and showrunner John Ferracane.
For more information, visit www.streamys.org. Join the conversation on social media with #streamys and be sure to follow Streamy Awards on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
The “2020 YouTube Streamy Awards” is presented by CarMax, the nation’s largest retailer of used cars.
About the Streamy Awards
The Streamy Awards® honors excellence in online video and the creators behind it in over forty awards categories. Marking its 10th anniversary in 2020, the annual event is the foremost recognition by which online creators and their work is lauded. The Streamy Awards® is produced by dick clark productions and Tubefilter and is exclusively broadcast by YouTube.
In 2017, the Streamy Awards’ Social Good Awards were created to honor individuals and organizations who use online video and social media to amplify their message, and foster engagement and participation to make a greater, more meaningful impact. The Streamy Brand Awards, launched in 2018, spotlights brand advertising innovation, the creative individuals behind it, and the new wave of celebrities who are helping brands deliver their message.
For additional information, visit www.streamys.org.
About dick clark productions
dick clark productions (dcp) is the world’s largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Golden Globe Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest” and the “Streamy Awards.” Weekly television programming includes “So You Think You Can Dance” from 19 Entertainment and dcp. dcp also owns one of the world’s most extensive and unique entertainment archive libraries with more than 60 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. dcp is part of MRC Live & Alternative, a division of diversified global entertainment company MRC. For additional information, visit www.mrcentertainment.com
Tubefilter is the most trusted and widely read source for YouTube and online video news, analysis, and events. Through its trade news and analysis, community events, and creator advocacy programs, Tubefilter has helped to foster the growth, promotion, and legitimization of a new, independent professional entertainment industry. Tubefilter properties include its flagship publication, Tubefilter News, the Tubefilter Charts, its popular YouTube Millionaires series, the Creator News weekly show on YouTube, and the Streamy Awards. For additional information, visit www.tubefilter.com.
YouTube Originals are award-winning, creative and engaging scripted and unscripted series and films across music, personalities and learning for fans all over the world. Spotlighting both YouTube creators alongside Hollywood’s biggest stars, YouTube Originals provide an experience that only YouTube can offer. By tapping into the platform’s growing global community, fan engagement product capabilities, and innovative content mixed with pioneering live-streamed specials, there is truly something for everybody. Fans experience YouTube Original content through ad-supported YouTube as well as YouTube Premium, a subscription service that offers access to YouTube Original series and movies, a streaming music platform, and an uninterrupted, ad-free experience across all of YouTube. YouTube Originals are available in nearly 80 countries worldwide.
2020 YOUTUBE STREAMY AWARDS WINNERS/HONOREES
STREAMYS CREATOR HONORS
Brent Rivera from Juanpa Zurita
CalebCity from Kyle Exum
Elsa Majimbo from Lilly Singh
Laviedunprince from PatrickStarrr
Elsa Majimbo from Lilly Singh
Taylor Cassidy from Liza Koshy
Kurzgesagt from Marques Brownlee
Creator of the Year MrBeast
Show of the Year Instant Influencer • James Charles
International Whindersson Nunes (Brazil)
Breakout Creator Charli D’Amelio
Collaboration David Dobrik and Justin Bieber – SURPRISING PEOPLE WITH JUSTIN BIEBER!!
Crossover Will Smith
First Person Emma Chamberlain
Live Streamer NICKMERCS
Indie Series Chris and Jack
Live Series Verzuz
Live Special MrBeast’s $250,000 Influencer Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament
Podcast On Purpose with Jay Shetty
Scripted Series A Heist with Markiplier • Markiplier
Unscripted Series UNHhhh • WOWPresents
Animated Jaiden Animations
Beauty James Charles
Comedy Sarah Cooper
Documentary The Secret Life of Lele Pons
Fashion and Style Wisdom Kaye
Food Tabitha Brown
Health and Wellness Chloe Ting
Kids and Family Ryan’s World
Learning and Education Mark Rober
Sports Ryan García
Technology Marques Brownlee
Cinematography Peter McKinnon – Peter McKinnon
Editing Hayden Hillier-Smith – Logan Paul
Visual and Special Effects Aaron Benitez – Aaron’s Animals
Writing CalebCity – CalebCity
STREAMYS FAN AWARD
Creator Squad 2HYPE
SOCIAL GOOD AWARDS
Company or Brand
Barbie – Career of the Year • Mattel
Dave’s Killer Bread – Second Chance Employment • Tastemade
Lyft – Undercover Lyft with Alicia Keys • LyftUp
The Game Theorists – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital #CancelCancer LIVE
MrBeast – Feeding America Food Drive
Nabela Noor – NoorHouse
Nonprofit or NGO
Arbor Day Foundation – #TeamTrees • MrBeast and Mark Rober
COVID-19 Response Fund – Post Malone x Nirvana Tribute – Livestream • Post Malone
Equal Justice Initiative – Bear Witness, Take Action • YouTube Originals
Agency of the Year BEN
Brand of the Year Netflix
Brand Engagement 100 Thieves Cash App Compound Reveal – Cash App
Branded Content: Series Under a Rock with Tig Notaro – Amazon Alexa • Funny Or Die
Branded Content: Video We Lost A FaZe Member – G FUEL • FaZe Clan
Creator Product Chamberlain Coffee – Emma Chamberlain
Influencer Campaign #ALLNIGHTERLEGEND – Urban Decay
Multi-Platform Campaign Disney+ Launch
Social Good Campaign Seize the Awkward – The Jed Foundation • Ad Council