Seat42F and Time Life have teamed up to give ONE Grand Prize Winner an AWESOME! Time Life Prize Pack featuring THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS DELUXE COLLECTION, THE RED SKELTON HOUR IN COLOR: DELUXE COLLECTION and CMA AWARDS LIVE: GREATEST MOMENTS 1968-2015. THREE runner-up winners will receive a copy of ROWAN & MARTIN’S LAUGH-IN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON on DVD. For a chance to win send an email to [email protected] and tell us your favorite comedian. Only one entry per person. ends December 28th. Winners will be notified on December 29th via email. Open to US Residents Only.
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS DELUXE COLLECTION
Bob Hope, America’s greatest entertainer of the 20th century, is celebrated in THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS, the most complete collection of his television specials ever assembled! The TV DVD archivists at Time Life have selected the very best of Hope’s 250 network specials spanning five decades, many in support of the U.S. Armed Forces, for this ultimate boxed set. Celebrating the legendary and beloved entertainer’s legacy, this one-of-a-kind collection is packed with comedy, music, dancing, movie stars, and, of course, Bob’s memorable monologues all perfect for wholesome family viewing.
Across 19 DVDs, fans will find more than 37 hours of specials, including 20 that have not been seen since their original broadcast, as well as an incredible collection of celebrity guest appearances from the biggest stars of the era such as John Wayne, Bing Crosby, Raquel Welch, Desi Arnaz, Jack Benny, Don Rickles, Barbra Streisand, George Burns, Dean Martin, Ann-Margret, Lucille Ball, Steve McQueen, Lola Falana, Tom Jones, Carol Burnett, Angie Dickinson, Andy Williams, Lana Turner, Jayne Mansfield, Redd Foxx, Zsa Zsa Gabor and many others.
Housed in a deluxe collector’s box, stuffed with timeless entertainment, THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES: THE BOB HOPE SPECIALS is comprised of four releases:
- Thanks for the Memories: The Bob Hope Specials(6 Discs) — Featuring 13 specials from 1956 to 1996, this DVD set contains hilarious compilation shows that spotlight the best moments from years of remarkable footage: a full episode of all-time classic bloopers, Bob Hope’s first show in color, his 90th birthday party special, Laughing with the Presidents, and more. This collection also includes the bonus show Shanks for the Memory, on the world of golf according to Bob Hope.
- Bob Hope: Entertaining The Troops (4 Discs) — Featuring 10 shows from 1950 to 1993, this DVD set features several USO Christmas specials filmed before troops serving in locations all over the world — from the Cold War through the Vietnam years to the Persian Gulf. The set also contains the holiday-themed DVD Hope for the Holidays, featuring a compilation of Bob Hope’s most hilarious Christmas sketches through the years along with his very first Christmas special, as well as the bonus feature Memories of World War II with rare clips, highlights from Bob Hope’s Armed Forces Network radio show, and Bob and guests reminiscing about the era.
- Bob Hope: TV Legend(8 Discs) – The American treasure is at his very best in this singular collection of 16 classic variety specials from 1958-1973, including 10 USO holiday specials from the Cold War through Vietnam featuring dance, music and comedy and dozens of celebrity guests. Aside from touching interactions with troops the world over, memorable moments include a star-studded comic ensemble sending up network censorship, a rollicking Western showdown between Bob’s comic colleagues and Hollywood cowboys and a nostalgic Tribute to Vaudeville
- BONUS DVD: The Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts: Bob Hope (1 Disc) — This bonus disc features the star-studded roast of Bob Hope hosted by the irrepressible Dean Martin. Among the roasters featured are Jimmy Stewart, Jack Benny, Milton Berle, Don Rickles, John Wayne, and many more!
Hope’s storied life and career spanned more than a century, during which he left an indelible mark across vaudeville, Broadway, recordings, concerts, radio, films and TV. And this comprehensive collection of his television specials, exclusively from Time Life, showcases the beloved entertainer’s inimitable magic like never before!
THE RED SKELTON HOUR IN COLOR: DELUXE COLLECTION
Red Skelton was a brilliant performer, a passionate patriot, and a master of simple, hilarious and classic comedy. Now, home audiences can be entertained by America’s Clown Prince any time with a singular collection of episodes from The Red Skelton Hour, many of which have been unseen for over 50 years! Featuring over 65 hours of hilarious, heart-warming humor from one of the country’s most treasured comedians, THE RED SKELTON HOUR IN COLOR: DELUXE COLLECTION will be available to add to every home entertainment collection on November 7, 2017 for $199.95srp.
With a heart of pure gold, uproarious jokes and an unparalleled gift for physical comedy, Skelton kept TV audiences in stitches for 20 groundbreaking seasons on CBS-TV’s The Red Skelton Show. Each week, viewers were treated to his memorable lineup of inimitable characters including country bumpkin Clem Kadiddlehopper, Sheriff Deadeye and lovable hobo Freddie the Freeloader, as well as the biggest movie and TV stars of the day who all clamored to appear on Red’s show including John Wayne, Jackie Gleason, Johnny Carson, Jerry Lee Lewis, Milton Berle, Jackie Cooper, Tim Conway, Boris Karloff, Vincent Price, Simon and Garfunkel, Phyllis Diller, Merv Griffin, Audrey Meadows, Mickey Rooney, Nipsey Russell, Robert Goulet, Audrey Meadows and many more!
Across this ultimate 22 disc collection, home audiences will discover a treasure trove of true RED, White & Blue entertainment – 130 remastered episodes for optimal viewing and hours of extras, including a full-length biography of Red with rare home movies and intimate interviews, a bonus DVD of Red’s Farewell Specials and an exclusive, collectible Memory Book giving fans a closer look at how Red’s most beloved characters came to life. The set is comprised of three distinct DVD collections:
- THE RED SKELTON Show: THE EARLY YEARS (8 Discs) — The beginning of Red’s legendary two-decade television journey is celebrated in this 72 episode set. Many of Red’s best characters and classic bits can be found in these episodes, providing a side-splitting look at a true pioneer of television’s Golden Age.
- THE RED SKELTON HOUR: IN COLOR (10 Discs) — This deluxe set features 31 rarely seen episodes in their original, brilliant color; highlights include Red’s famous recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance, musical performances by Simon & Garfunkel, Frankie Valli, The 5th Dimension and more, plus a bonus Skelton biography, America’s Clown.
- THE COMPLETE 20th SEASON: IN COLOR (3 Discs) — Twenty years after The Red Skelton Showfirst aired on NBC in 1951, the extraordinary Red appeared in his last season, bringing all his wonderful characters to life for the last time on network television. An incredible group of guest stars includes Jerry Lewis, Vincent Price, Robert Wagner, Jill St. John and many more!
- BONUS DVD: RED SKELTON: THE FAREWELL SPECIALS (1 Disc) –Red’s zany, unexpected and classically hilarious crowning performances are celebrated in this compilation of farewell specials, featuring, “Red Skelton’s Christmas Dinner,” “More Funny Faces,” “Funny Faces III,” and “A Royal Command Performance”– America’s wackiest court jester gets silly with Britain’s Royal Family at London’s Royal Albert Hall.
There’s no business like funny business and no one did it better than Red, on full, hilarious display in THE RED SKLETON HOUR IN COLOR!
CMA AWARDS LIVE: GREATEST MOMENTS 1968-2015
Since 1968, millions of Country Music fans tune in each year to the CMA Awards to see which of their favorites walk away with the most coveted awards in the industry. In addition to the presentation of the yearly accolades to the biggest stars in the Country format, the yearly telecast is famous for historic performances and collaborations – many of which are the first time legendary songs were featured on television. Outside of their original airings, these performances have never been commercially available – until now.
Available just in time for the holidays, CMA AWARDS LIVE: GREATEST MOMENTS 1968-2015 is an attractively packaged DVD collector’s set filled with 127 unforgettable performances from five decades of the nationally-televised ceremony. Highlighted on this week’s CMA Awards Show, the singular set features performances from many of the premiere artists in the genre – Glen Campbell, Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, Barbara Mandrell, Buck Owens and Kenny Rogers as well as artists who’ve nurtured the sound over the past decade and taken the music to new heights, like Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and Keith Urban.
Across the 10 packed discs, home audiences will discover a who’s who of country artists, which also includes Alabama, Brooks & Dunn, Vince Gill, Alan Jackson, Reba McEntire, Dolly Parton, Charley Pride, Rascal Flatts, George Strait, Randy Travis, Tanya Tucker, Trisha Yearwood, Dwight Yoakam, and dozens more. And music lovers will thrill to the memorable, once-in-a-lifetime performances including Loretta Lynn’s “Coal Miner’s Daughter,” Merle Haggard’s “Okie from Muskogee,” and Alan Jackson’s “Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning),” as well as famous country duets and collaborations including “Jackson” by Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, “Cowgirls Don’t Cry,” by Brooks & Dunn and Reba McEntire, and “Lady” by Kenny Rogers and Lionel Richie.
Additional Highlights include:
- Newly produced bonus interviews with country legends including Charley Pride, Kenny Rogers, Naomi Judd, Ronnie Milsap and more. Plus CMA bonus features with Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert, Vince Gill, George Strait, Carrie Underwood and many other country music stars.
- 44-page memory book including show photos, a history of the CMA Awards, plus a year-by-year guide to 50 years of Award winners.
ROWAN & MARTIN’S LAUGH-IN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
The ’60s gave us “in-crowds,” “be-ins” and “love-ins,” and starting in 1968, the happening place for free-form comedy was Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In, broadcast from beautiful downtown Burbank. Straight man Dan Rowan and wisecracking co-host Dick Martin led a gaggle of goofballs through a rapid-fire assault of one-liners, skits, bits and non sequiturs that left viewers in hysterics and disbelief. Anything and anyone in the public eye was a target. Political correctness? Forget it! The off-the-wall groundbreaking, Emmy Award–winning show would go on to anchor the Monday 8 p.m. time slot on NBC until March 12, 1973, transforming both pop culture and the medium of television.
Following the acclaimed release of LAUGH-IN: THE COMPLETE SERIES (available exclusively through TimeLife.com/Laugh-In), the TV-DVD archivists at Time Life are making ROWAN & MARTIN’S LAUGH-IN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON available for classic TV aficionados and comedy lovers alike. Comprised of 4 DVDs and 14 complete episodes, the star-studded set delivers audiences to beginning of the landmark series which became an instant classic and would go on to be one of the most popular shows in the history of television.
Flip Wilson as Adam (now residing outside of the Garden of Eden); Tim Conway and Cher as John Smith and Pocahontas; a silent salute to presidential candidate George Wallace; a Mod, Mod World look at the Olympics — these are just a few of the zaniest things crammed into Season 1. Also making their appearances for the first time: Goldie Hawn’s giggly blonde, Lily Tomlin’s snorting telephone operator, Judy Carne’s “Sock-It-To-Me” girl, Jo Anne Worley’s anti-chicken-joke militant, Ruth Buzzi’s perpetually-frustrated spinster and Arte Johnson’s “verrry interesting” German soldier. The biggest news, however, was the first national television appearance of Tiny Tim, the ukulele-toting, falsetto-singing throwback to a bygone era of American pop music. He made the rest of the cast seem normal — and Dan and Dick squirm. The show’s first season was also highlighted by long running. Fan favorite features “Sock It to Me,” “Cocktail Party,” and the “Joke Wall”, the first appearance of Johnson’s elderly Tyrone F. Horneigh and Sammy Davis Jr. introducing the all-time classic sketch “Here Comes the Judge”.
- Dan Rowan
- Dick Martin
- Pamela Austin
- Ken Berry
- Eileen Brennan
- Ruth Buzzi
- Judy Carne
- Barbara Feldon
- Henry Gibson
- Goldie Hawn
- Larry Hovis
- Arte Johnson
- Gary Owens
- Jo Anne Worley
- Laugh-In pilot
- 25th Anniversary Cast Reunion Highlights
- New interview with creator and executive producer George Schlatter
- Laugh-In Bloopers