“Fast-paced and infectiously fun” (GamesRadar+), the Paramount+ original series STAR TREK: PICARD – SEASON TWO beams onto Blu-ray, DVD and limited-edition Blu-ray Steelbook on October 4 from Paramount+, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment.
Starring four-time Emmy® Award nominee Patrick Stewart (Hamlet) as Jean-Luc Picard, an iconic role which he played for seven seasons on “Star Trek: The Next Generation” (TNG), the latest season “kicks things into high gear” (Den of Geek). From executive producers Alex Kurtzman (“Star Trek: Discovery”) and Academy Award® winner Akiva Goldsman (Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published – A Beautiful Mind, 2002), the SEASON TWO collection offers fans all 10 episodes, including over an hour of exclusive, never-before-seen featurettes, deleted scenes and a gag reel.
“A triumph” (IndieWire), season two of STAR TREK: PICARD takes the legendary Jean-Luc Picard and his crew on a bold and exciting new journey into the past. Picard must enlist friends, both old and new, to confront the perils of 21st century Earth in a desperate race against time to save the galaxy’s future – and face the ultimate trial from one of his greatest foes. Alongside Stewart, STAR TREK: PICARD – SEASON TWO stars Alison Pill (Dr. Agnes Jurati), Michelle Hurd (Raffi Musiker), Evan Evagora (Elnor), Isa Briones (Dahj), Orla Brady (Laris), Santiago Cabrera (Cristóbal Rios) and Brent Spiner (Adam Soong). Special guest stars include Annie Wersching (Borg Queen), Academy Award® winner Whoopi Goldberg (Best Actress in a Supporting Role – Ghost, 1990) (Guinan) and John de Lancie (Q).
The limited edition Blu-ray Steelbook, Blu-ray and DVD include every episode from the thrilling second season of the celebrated sci-fi series, alongside over one hour of special features, including:
- THE USS STARGAZER – The featurette takes a deep dive into the creation of the USS Stargazer from conception to build out and features exclusive timelapse photography alongside Production Designer Dave Blass, who brought the original TNG art department onboard, including the famed Star Trek graphic artist Michael Okuda, and design artists Doug Drexler and John Eaves to recreate the latest USS Stargazer.
- THE CHATEAU – Led by Production Designer Dave Blass and Prop Master Jeff Lombardi, the featurette explores the transition of Picard’s chateau following its redesign and conversion to the Dataverse in season one.
- THE TRIAL IS OVER – The intimate, behind-the-scenes look connects fans with John de Lancie who reprises his role as Q, playing a significant part in the season two story arc.
- REBUILDING THE BORG QUEEN – The featurette showcases actress Annie Wersching as she discusses stepping into the role of the Borg Queen. After 25 years, the iconic character returns through advanced design and production techniques, which are further
*Academy Award ® is a registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Art and Sciences 2 discussed by Designer Neville Page, Prosthetics Master Vincent Van Dyke and Make-Up Department Head James MacKinnon.
- PICARD PROPS – Property Master Jeff Lombardi takes fans on a tour that showcases the various props created for STAR TREK: PICARD – SEASON TWO.
- PICARD PASSAGES – Alongside cast and crew, fans will follow the heroes from STAR TREK: PICARD through time and space as they encounter old and new friends, as well as challenges, in the latest season.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED SCENES The series is produced by CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment. Alongside Kurtzman and Goldsman, the second season was executive produced by Terry Matalas, Patrick Stewart, Heather Kadin, Aaron Baiers, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, Doug Aarniokoski and Dylan Massin. Goldsman and Matalas served as co-showrunners, while Kirsten Beyer served as co-executive producer.
- Episode 201: “The Star Gazer”
- ● Episode 202: “Penance”
- ● Episode 203: “Assimilation”
- ● Episode 204: “Watcher”
- ● Episode 205: “Fly Me to the Moon”
- ● Episode 206: “Two of One”
- ● Episode 207: “Monsters”
- ● Episode 208: “Mercy”
- ● Episode 209: “Hide and Seek”
- ● Episode 210: “Farewell”
STAR TREK: PICARD – SEASON TWO streams exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S. and is distributed concurrently by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group on Amazon Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories. In Canada, it airs on Bell Media’s CTV Sci-Fi Channel and streams on Crave.The SEASON TWO DVD is presented in widescreen format with 5.1 Dolby Digital and 5.1 Surround audio, and English SDH subtitles. The Blu-ray Steelbook and Blu-ray collections offer
*Academy Award ® is a registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Art and Sciences 3
English 5.1 DTS-HD master audio and French 5.1 Dolby Digital audio, as well as English SDH and French subtitles.
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray businesses for the CBS Corporation across all lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library, as well as new releases from Showtime Networks. CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the CBS DVD and CBS Blu-ray labels.
STAR TREK: PICARD – SEASON TWO – LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAYTM STEELBOOK, BLU-RAY & DVD Street Date: October 4, 2022
Catalog #: 191329229569 (Blu-ray Steelbook), 191329229552 (Blu-ray), 191329229576 (DVD)
CAN Rating: 14A – No content advisories
U.S. Rating: Not Rated
FOUNDER & CHIEF CONTENT OFFICER | Founder and COO of Seat42F, a leading source of entertainment news, information, television and movie resources.