With $50,000 on the line and so much at stake, let’s see what these imaginative bakers will bake! Today, Prime Video released the official trailer for Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge, an all-new baking competition series where nine teams of classically trained pastry chefs and self-taught cake artists will make the vibrant world of Dr. Seuss a reality.
Hosted by actress, producer, and Emmy award winner Tamera Mowry-Housley, with critically acclaimed pastry chef Clarice Lam and accomplished cake designer and pastry chef Joshua John Russell as judges , Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge will premiere on Prime Video on December 13 in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide. In the U.S. and UK, Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge will also premiere simultaneously on the free ad-supported service, Amazon Freevee.
From the Grinch to the Cat in the Hat, these teams of bakers will use their limitless imaginations to craft jaw-dropping creations inspired by beloved Dr. Seuss characters. In each episode, bakers will be given a challenge based on Seuss characters and stories, and their towering creations will be judged based on taste, creativity, accuracy, and storytelling.
Following the episodes, viewers will be able to bake their own versions of the creations seen on the show. The winning “Best Bite” recipes will be available for free in Amazon’s Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge store. Ingredients will also be available for customers to purchase on Amazon Fresh.
Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge is produced by Amazon Studios, Dr. Seuss Enterprises, and Super Delicious. Ruth Amsel serves as showrunner and executive producer for the series. Cara Tapper, Adam Cohen, and Joanna Vernetti from Super Delicious serve as executive producers. President and CEO of Dr. Seuss Enterprises Susan Brandt is also an executive producer.
Dr. Seuss Baking Challenge Trailer
About Dr. Seuss Enterprises
Dr. Seuss Enterprises is a leading global children’s entertainment company focused on promoting literacy, education, self-confidence, and the wonderful possibilities of a child’s imagination through the works of Dr. Seuss. The company was established in 1993 and is based in San Diego, California. Global endeavors include publishing, film, TV, stage productions, exhibitions, digital media, licensed merchandise, and other strategic partnerships. For more information about Dr. Seuss Enterprises, visit Seussville.com, or follow on Instagram.
About Amazon Freevee, formerly IMDb TV
Amazon Freevee is a free ad-supported streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows, including Originals and FAST channels, available anytime, for free.
- Expansive Catalog: Amazon Freevee offers viewers ambitious Originals, including Bosch: Legacy; Emmy-winning court program Judy Justice; reality design series Hollywood Houselift with Jeff Lewis; comedy series Sprung; music documentary Post Malone: Runaway; heist drama Leverage: Redemption; spy thriller Alex Rider; the competition series Play-Doh Squished; and the sports docuseries UNINTERRUPTED’s Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers. Combined with an always-updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows across a wide selection of genres, and a catalog of more than 150 FAST channels, including Judy Justice and Crime 360; Amazon Freevee delivers customers the content they would expect to see on a paid service.
- Free: The entire catalog of content on the service is free. No paid subscriptions are necessary.
- Limited Ads: Freevee provides customers with highly sought content supported by limited advertising.
- Instant Access: Freevee is available as an app on Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and within the Prime Video app. Freevee is available as an app on third-party devices, including Roku, Samsung smart TVs (2017-2021 models), Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Comcast’s Xfinity Flex, Xfinity X1, Chromecast with Google TV, NVIDIA SHIELD and other Android TV devices, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles, as well as LG Smart TVs (2018-2021 models). The app is also available on iPhone, iPad, and Android mobile devices.
To learn more about Amazon Freevee, visit www.amazon.com/freevee and follow @AmazonFreevee.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports—all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy winners The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Samaritan, Thirteen Lives, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War, Reacher, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, ViX+, PBS KIDS, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
Follow Prime Video:
FOUNDER & CHIEF CONTENT OFFICER | Founder and COO of Seat42F, a leading source of entertainment news, information, television and movie resources.