FX Networks today announced FX Skill for Alexa, an extension of the FX brand to a service that serves as the hub of many smart homes and connected devices.
FX Skill for Alexa is a new way for consumers to connect with FX Networks across an array of devices including voice-enabled speakers, handheld devices and connected platforms both in the home and on-the-go. It provides information and content from FX, FXX and FXM with rich audio and visual experiences.
- Get FX & FXX show details, exclusive cast interviews, clips and series recommendations
- Access scheduling information, including linear show times and on-demand viewing options available on FXNOW and FX+
- Watch theatrical trailers for FXM blockbuster movies available on FXNOW
- Interact with content optimized for the Amazon Echo Show and Echo Spot
- Weaves custom audio files into Alexa’s responses adding to user delight
Users will also enjoy unique fan content including embedded audio and video Easter eggs. The skill will include future exclusive opportunities for the Alexa and FX community.
The FX Skill for Alexa is available in the Amazon Skills Store.
Sample FX Skill Commands
- Alexa, ask FX when does The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story premiere?”
- “Alexa, ask FX for bonus content for Legion.”
- “Alexa, ask FX what night Baskets is on?”
- “Alexa, ask FX for behind-the-scenes content for Snowfall.”
- “Alexa, ask FX to add me to the FX newsletter.”
- “Alexa, ask FX what movies are on FXNOW?”
- “Alexa, ask FX about FX+.”
- “Alexa, ask FX what shows are exclusive to FX+.”
- “Alexa, ask FX what are ‘kitten mittens’?”