I think Season 1 is best watched back to back. When you only have so many hours in the day during the television season, some shows fall of the radar, and for me it was DSM last year. With everything else on TV to watch, it started to be weeks in between episodes for me on the TiVo. Having watched the full season back to back, it made me more excited for season 2 than I had originally been, because the slick world of the Darlings was shown to be in one big burst. Season rating: A!
Dirty Sexy Money: The Complete First Season, comes to DVD from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on September 16, 2008. The debut season of the show that redefined “rich” will be available for the first time ever in a three-disc set with exclusive bonus features including deleted scenes and behind-the-scenes revelations.
Take a look behind the closed doors of America’s wealthiest family in Dirty Sexy Money: The Complete First Season. All ten scandalous episodes of television’s juiciest hour-long drama’s premiere season are available on DVD starting September 16, 2008.
Dirty Sexy Money’s superlative cast includes Peter Krause (“Six Feet Under”), Donald Sutherland (“Path To War,” The Italian Job), William Baldwin (Noise, The Squid and the Whale), Natalie Zea (“Without A Trace,” “CSI”), Glenn Fitzgerald (“Law & Order,” “Six Feet Under”), Samaire Armstrong (“The O.C,” “Entourage”), Seth Gabel (The Da Vinci Code, “Nip/Tuck”), Zoe McLellan (Conversations with God, “J.A.G”) with Blair Underwood (“Sex and the City,” “In Treatment”) and Jill Clayburgh (An Unmarried Woman, Running With Scissors).
Bonus Features: Dirty Sexy Money: The Complete First Season
• The Road to Excess: Making Dirty Sexy Money – The Darling family—fascinating, capricious and undeniably dangerous. Take a unique peek into the inspiration for the most infamous clan on television, straight from the show’s creators.
• Enter the Penthouse: A V.I.P Set Tour – Tour the Darling mansion and get a taste of their lavish lifestyle. This billionaire's Manhattan home was actually built from the ground up on a Hollywood soundstage. Its dirty little secret is that there’s a penny saving surprise around every
• Haute Couture: Dressing the Darlings – You can’t be too rich, too thin or too well-dressed from the looks of the Darlings' overstuffed closets. But even a make believe mogul loves a bargain, and the show’s wardrobe designers share ways to look like a billion bucks without spending one!
• The Other Woman: Candis Cayne – What is it that makes Carmelita so irresistible to Patrick Darling that he would risk his family and his career to be with her? Find out in a profile of the torrid love affair between the politician and his sensuous mistress, played by Candis Cayne. Cayne shares an intimate look at her personal road to stardom and inner peace as a transgendered performer.
• Audio Commentary with the show’s creators and stars.
• Tripp Ups – “Dirty Sexy” Bloopers
• Deleted Scenes
STREET DATE: September 16, 2008
Suggested retail price: $39.99 SRP U.S., $44.99 SRP Canada
Feature run time: Approx 426 min.
Rated: ‘TV-14’ DLSV Bonus Material Not Rated
Technical specifications may only apply to feature
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1 Widescreen (enhanced for 16×9 Television)
Sound: 5.1 Dolby Digital Sound