Based on Agatha Christie’s beloved 1937 novel, director Kenneth Branagh and an all-star cast bring new life to one of the most popular murder mysteries of all time. Critics and audiences alike have praised the exquisite Death on the Nile for its stunning cinematography, rich storytelling and outstanding ensemble cast. Available on Digital March 29 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on April 5.
Belgian sleuth Hercule Poirot’s (Kenneth Branagh) spectacular Egyptian vacation aboard a river boat becomes a terrifying search for a murderer after a picture-perfect couple’s honeymoon is cut tragically short. Based on Agatha Christie’s novel, this tale of passion and jealousy is filled with wicked twists and turns until its shocking finale.
- Death on the Nile: Novel to Film – Explore the new vision for Agatha Christie’s classic novel DEATH ON THE NILE, and how Kenneth Branagh and screenwriter Michael Green collaborated with Christie’s estate to bring a new twist to this story of love and murder.
- Agatha Christie: Travel Can Be Murder – The story behind the book connects with Christie’s own love of travel, and especially Egypt and its secrets. Her legacy continues through her family and new generations of filmmakers and actors, all at once contributing to the immortality of her novels.
- Design on the Nile – The setting, the costumes, the photography, all contribute to the Agatha Christie touch. We take a fun tour of this “ship of suspects” and learn details about the overall look and design of everything from the characters to the environment.
- Branagh/Poirot – Kenneth Branagh is a one-of-a-kind artist who can switch hats with exceptional skill, playing Poirot one moment and directing the next. This piece pays tribute to Branagh’s ability to stay connected to his cast and creative team through it all.
- The Market
- Poirot’s Cabin
- Rosalie and Bouc Outside Temple
- Windlesham Jogging
- Poirot Discusses Case
- Poirot and Bouc Approach Jackie
- Confronting Bouc and the Otterbournes
- Poirot Orders Books
*bonus features vary by product and retailer
Kenneth Branagh as Hercule Poirot
Tom Bateman as Bouc
Annette Bening as Euphemia Bouc
Russell Brand as Dr. Bessner
Ali Fazal as Andrew Katchadourian
Dawn French as Bowers
Gal Gadot as Linnet Ridgeway Doyle
Armie Hammer as Simon Doyle
Rose Leslie as Louise Bourget
Emma Mackey as Jacqueline de Bellefort
Sophie Okonedo as Salome Otterbourne
Jennifer Saunders as Marie Van Schuyler
& Letitia Wright as Rosalie Otterbourne
Executive Produced by
& Mathew Prichard
Kevin J. Walsh
Kenneth Branagh, p.g.a.,
& Judy Hofflund, p.g.a.
Based on a novel by
U.S. Street Date
Digital: March 29, 2022
Physical: April 5, 2022
Canada Street Date
Digital: March 30, 2022
Physical: April 5, 2022
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Feature Run Time
Approx. 127 minutes
U.S. Rated PG-13
* Rated R for violence, some bloody images, and sexual material.
Canada Rated PG (Parental Guidance Advised)
Digital: 2.39:1 (16×9)
Physical: 2.39:1 (16×9)
4K Ultra HD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby and DVS 2.0 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby, French 5.1 Dolby
Digital: English ATMOS (UHD only, some platforms), 2.0 AD Dolby (some platforms), French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital
4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, Spanish, French (some platforms)