Today at the Tokyo Game Show, Xbox LIVE Arcade, the premier destination for the most inventive downloadable games, announced new titles and unveiled never before seen levels and destinations to some of the biggest names in gaming and pop culture.
Five new action-packed titles headline the Xbox LIVE Arcade line-up at TGS, with “Snoopy Flying Ace,” “Toy Soldiers,” “0 Day Attack on Earth,” “Bomberman Live Battlefest” and “RayStorm HD” joining the top digital games available for download on Xbox 360. Also, get a first look at a new destination and two new game modes in the innovative, free-to-play Xbox LIVE game “Joy Ride,” as well as hidden challenge levels in the upcoming Xbox LIVE Arcade game, “South Park Let’s Go Tower Defense Play!” coming exclusively to Xbox 360 next month.
Get a Sneak Peek at a New Peak: “Joy Ride” Unveils a Community Unlockable Location and Three New Game Modes!
Today Xbox LIVE revealed a new stop on the road of “Joy Ride”, transporting your Avatars to an action-packed mountain range with “Perilous Peaks.” This mountainous location will be available for the community to unlock after launch, and part of the evolving world of “Joy Ride” – a revolutionary game experience on Xbox LIVE that will grow and change the more you play. Also unveiled were three new game modes, Trick Showdown, Delivery Dash and Coin Frenzy that will have you playing with friends to earn coins and experience points.
Trick Showdown: Take a pit stop at the “Joy Ride” Stunt Park and collect multipliers to win big bonuses for your car stunts and Avatar tricks. Created for single player and group collaboration, work with your Avatar racing buddies to earn points, complete the stage and unlock the bonus round, Coin Frenzy.
Coin Frenzy: Looking for the fuzzy dice to hang from your review mirror? Work with your friends to collect as many coins as you can before the timer runs out in the ultimate bonus round, Coin Frenzy. Coins can be spent in the online store to deck out your car.
Delivery Dash: More cheese please! With Delivery Dash on “Joy Ride” you’re racing against the clock to feed hungry players fresh pizza. Race with friends back and forth from the store to delivery locations and work as a team to trigger a bonus round, earn coins, and experience points.
With an innovative free-to-play business model and cool customizable options, “Joy Ride” makes it easy for gamers of all skill-levels to jump in and join their friends as their Avatars drive, race and trick through an all-new driving world. Everyone from beginners to the hard core will enjoy sharing in the action of “Joy Ride”.
“South Park Let’s Go Tower Defense Play!” launches October 7th for only 800 Microsoft Points, exclusively on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
The South Park kids are armed and ready to protect their little mountain town with the fun, fresh title, “South Park Let’s Go Tower Defense Play!” On October 7, help Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny (yes, Kenny) protect the town from evil ginger kids, hippies, crab people and more of South Park’s mortal enemies. This hilarious hit will be available to purchase and download for only 800 Microsoft Points. Now you can unlock extra Challenge Levels that can help you on the quest to save South Park. Visit southparkstudios.com September 28 thru October 2 to see if you can grab one of the free unlock codes to these extra challenge levels. Can’t wait until October 7? Keep up to date with developer diaries, special events and promotions on www.xbox.com/southpark
March, Fly, and Bombs Away – Only on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Xbox LIVE Arcade also announced five new downloadable smash hits that will appeal to the kid in all of us. Check out the tantalizing new titles:
· “Toy Soldiers” (Signal Studios / Microsoft): Put your foot soldiers, snipers, cavalry and fighter pilots to the test. Poised to be a smash hit on Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Toy Soldiers” is a an action-packed strategy-based game in which players are cast into a fantastic, miniature world where antique toy soldiers fight for survival using an extensive arsenal of tanks, fighter planes and flame throwers in vintage WWI dioramas. Developed by Signal Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, now you can commandeer the action and watch as your assembled troops defend the area battlefield before the enemy storms over the top! Integrating multiple game genres and world-class visuals, “Toy Soldiers” is a unique and action-packed entertainment experience!
· “Snoopy Flying Ace” (Smart Bomb Interactive / Microsoft): Join the beloved pooch, Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts gang in this fun, action-packed aerial combat game. Choose from one of 16 unique and customizable airplanes, including the Red Baron’s Fokker triplane and deck it out from the arsenal of 15 ingenious weapons that suit your strategy for your battle. Even better, your Avatar can climb into the cockpit to take on your friends in a dog eat dog battle. Remember, it’s not the size of the dog in the fight… but the size of the fight in the dog!
· “0 Day Attack on Earth” (Square Enid): Earth is under attack by massive creatures from outer space. Now you can save Earth with a huge arsenal of heavy-power artillery at your disposal. Climb into your fighter jet and wage fierce battles against these gruesome aggressors. “0 Day Attack on Earth” is an Xbox LIVE Arcade exclusive that gives you full range of motion and attack while you engage in airstrikes over real world cities such as Tokyo, New York and Paris. Team up with or battle against players from around the world in online co-op. Only you can save Earth from complete annihilation!
· “Bomberman Live Battlefest” (Hudson): The Bomberman battle mode you know and love is returning to Xbox LIVE Arcade in the form of “Bomberman Live: Battlefest!” Blast friends in your living room or jump online and compete against up to 8 people worldwide! You no longer have to bomb solo, because now there are teams, along with a megaton of new content!
· “RayStorm HD” (Taito): The classic shooting game “RayStorm” returns with newly-updated graphics, and the original gameplay. Now you can control R-GRAY a fighter plane equipped with a lock-on laser system and battle your way through eight adrenaline filled stages. Available now with a variety of game modes, including Arcade Mode and Extra Mode, and four selectable planes!