Home » THE OFFICE Season 7 DVD And BLURAY Release Details
Hailed as “TV’s Funniest half-hour,” by Variety Magazine, “The Office” Season Seven marks the momentous departure of Steve Carell as Michael Scott – the slightly clueless, often politically-incorrect, but always loveable office manager – an iconic role that earned him a Golden Globe® and five Emmy® nominations. With Michael on his way out, the coveted position as “the boss” opens up in this hilarious game-changing season that features guest stars like Jim Carrey (Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), James Spader (“Boston Legal,” Secretary), Will Arnett (Despicable Me, “Saturday Night Live”), Ray Romano (“Men of a Certain Age,” “Everybody Loves Raymond,”), Warren Buffet (Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps) and Catherine Tate (Monte Carlo, “The Catherine Tate Show”), among others.
Sparks fly when Holly Flax (Amy Ryan, Gone Baby Gone, “In Treatment”) returns to the office, causing Michael Scott to question if she was the one that got away. Plus, executive producer Ricky Gervais (The Invention of Lying, “The Ricky Gervais Show”) makes surprise cameo appearances as Michael Scott‘s British counterpart David Brent. Timothy Olyphant (“Justified”) also guest stars as Danny Cordray, Pam’s (Jenna Fischer, Solitary Man) ex-flame and Dunder Mifflin’s newest traveling salesman.
Fans can catch up on all the inter-office power plays from Steve Carell‘s final season when “The Office” Season Seven debuts on Blu-ray™ and DVD September 6, 2011 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Both the Blu-ray™ and DVD feature hours of bonus material including Steve Carell‘s extended farewell episode “Goodbye Michael Scott,” over an hour of never-before-seen deleted scenes, the unaired extended version of Michael Scott‘s film “Threat Level Midnight,” bloopers, webisodes and more.
The stellar ensemble cast includes Rainn Wilson (The Rocker, Juno), John Krasinski (It’s Complicated, Away We Go), Jenna Fischer (Solitary Man, Walk Hard), B.J. Novak (Inglourious Basterds), Ed Helms (The Hangover Part II, Cedar Rapids), Leslie David Baker (“Malcolm in the Middle”), Brian Baumgartner (“Arrested Development”), Creed Bratton (former member of The Grass Roots), Kate Flannery (The Heir Apparent), Mindy Kaling (No Strings Attached), Ellie Kemper (Bridesmaids, Get Him to the Greek), Angela Kinsey (Tripping Forward), Paul Lieberstein (writer, “King of the Hill”), Oscar Nunez (The Proposal), Craig Robinson (Hot Tub Time Machine) Phyllis Smith (Bad Teacher), and Zach Woods (The Other Guys).
“The Office” Season Seven is based on the award-winning BBC hit of the same name and developed for American television by Primetime Emmy® Award-winner Greg Daniels (“King of the Hill,” “The Simpsons”). Ben Silverman (“Ugly Betty’), Ricky Gervais (The Invention of Lying, “The Office”), Stephen Merchant (“Extras”), Paul Lieberstein (“King of the Hill”), Howard Klein (“Parks and Recreation”), and series star B.J. Novak join Daniels as Season Seven executive producers.
Also exclusively available on “The Office” Season Seven Blu-ray™ is a groundbreaking feature allowing viewers to access content like never before. Through BD-Live™, fans eager to keep up with “the most influential show since Seinfeld” (Rob Sheffield, Rolling Stone) can catch the latest episodes of “The Office” without ever setting their DVR. Through an Internet-connected Blu-ray™ player, viewers have the option to watch the latest episodes of “The Office” Season Eight right from their TV screen the day after they air on NBC beginning this fall. Season Eight episodes will be available in HD, pending individual Internet connection speeds and will be offered with limited commercial interruptions.
Each season since its 2005 premiere, “The Office” has garnered prestigious television honors, including the 2006 Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series, Peabody Award, AFI Honors, Producers Guild Award, Writers Guild Award, SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy, Ace Eddie Award for editing and a Television Critic’s Association Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy. “The Office” is a production of Universal Media Studios, Reveille LLC and Deedle Dee Productions.
BONUS FEATURES AvaILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ and DVD: “The Office” Season Seven on Blu-ray™ and DVD comes with hours of bonus features, including:
- “Threat Level Midnight: The Movie (A Michael Scott Joint)” Featurette: See the never-before-aired, extended version of the film that Michael Scott wrote, directed and starred in. ”Threat Level Midnight,” Michael stars as Michael Scarn as he and a cast made up of Dunder Mifflin employees try to prevent Goldenface from blowing up the NHL All-Star Game.
- “The 3rd Floor” Webisodes:
- Moving On: Kelly (Mindy Kalling) and Erin (Ellie Kemper) find a new way to get famous.
- Lights, Camera, Action!: Filming for Ryan’s (B.J. Novak) horror film begins.
- The Final Product: With most of the office pitching in, filming wraps on Ryan’s slasher horror film “The 3rd Floor.”
- Episode Commentary:
- Nepotism: Featuring commentary with executive producer and series star B.J. Novak, writer and producer Charlie Grandy, series editor and producer David Rogers, as well as series stars Craig Robinson and Creed Bratton.
- PDA: Featuring commentary with executive producer Greg Daniels, series stars Ellie Kemper, Angela Kinsey and Brian Baumgartner, editor Claire Scanlon, assistant director Kelly Cantley and episode writer Robert Padnick.
- Threat Level Midnight: Featuring commentary with executive producers and cast members Paul Lieberstein and B.J. Novak, writer and producer Daniel Chun, as well as series stars Creed Bratton and Craig Robinson.
- Goodbye Michael: Featuring commentary with writer and executive producer Greg Daniels, series stars Ellie Kemper, Angela Kinsey, Brian Baumgartner, as well as series editor and producer David Rogers.
- Dwight K. Schrute, (Acting) Manager: Featuring commentary with co-executive producer and series star Mindy Kaling, as well as Ellie Kemper, Angela Kinsey, producers Steve Hely and Justin Spitzer.
- Over 100 Minutes of Deleted Scenes Including 60 Minutes of Never-Before-Seen Footage
- Extended Episodes
- Blooper Reel
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO Blu-ray™: Unleash the power of your HDTV with perfect picture and the purest digital sound available.
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to view the latest episodes of “The Office” Season Eight the day after they air beginning this fall, plus watch exclusive content, the latest trailers all right from your own television!
- pocket BLU™: The groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® touch, Android™, PC and Mac® to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Plus iPad® owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU™ offers advanced features such as:
- “THE OFFICE” SEASON SEVEN BONUS FEATURES: Access the hilarious blooper reel and all three “The 3rd Floor” webisodes from “The Office” Season Seven, anytime, anywhere with pocket BLU™
- ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- BROWSE TITLES: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- KEYBOARD: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
SEASON SEVEN SYNOPSIS
In the seventh season of this Primetime Emmy® Award-winning series, inappropriate behavior is business as usual, but big surprises are in store! Dwight (Rainn Wilson) is now the owner of the building and he may be letting this power go to his head; Andy (Ed Helms) is courting Erin (Ellie Kemper), who is dating Gabe (Zach Woods); Jim (John Krasinski) and Pam (Jenna Fischer) are struggling with being new parents; and a parade of ghosts of girlfriends past haunt Michael (Steve Carell), leading to his final days at Dunder Mifflin.
Catch the antics of all 24 laugh-out-loud Season Seven episodes of “…TV’s funniest half-hour” (Rick Kissell, Variety), developed for American television by Primetime Emmy® Award winner Greg Daniels. This memorable season features guest appearances from Amy Ryan (Gone Baby Gone), cameos from Ricky Gervais (The Invention of Lying) and an unforgettable hour-long season finale with Jim Carrey (Bruce Almighty), Will Arnett (“Arrested Development”), Ray Romano (“Everybody Loves Raymond”), James Spader (“Boston Legal”), Warren Buffett and Catherine Tate (“Doctor Who”), all vying for Michael Scott‘s old post. Plus, see hours of bonus features, including extended episodes, deleted scenes, bloopers, webisodes and more, in this must-own five-disc collection.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION BLU-RAY™
Street Date: September 6, 2011
Copyright: 2011 Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Selection Number: 61115413
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
Rating: Not rated
Technical Info: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, English SDH and Spanish Subtitles
TECHNICAL INFORMATION DVD
Street Date: September 6, 2011
Copyright: 2011 Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Selection Number: 61115414
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)
Rating: Not rated
Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1, English SDH and Spanish Subtitles