Home » THE GLADES Season 1 DVD Contest
Seat42f and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have teamed up to give TWO lucky winners a copy of THE GLADES SEASON 1 on DVD. Enter to win THE GLADES SEASON 1 on DVD by simply answering the following question. What small town in Florida is The Glades set in? Only one entry per person. Contest ends June 15th. Winners will be notified on June 16th via email so make sure to use a valid email address when you post your comment.
Release Date: June 14th, 2011
This season’s most intriguing new series comes to DVD on June 14 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. In “THE GLADES” The Complete First Season, fans and new viewers alike will experience the gripping mystery, complex characters and the wry humor that is “par for the course” in A&E Network’s highest rated original series.
Recently renewed for its second season, “THE GLADES” stars Australian actor Matt Passmore as Jim Longworth, an attractive, brilliant, yet hard to get along with homicide detective from Chicago who is forced into exile after being wrongfully accused of sleeping with his former captain’s wife. Longworth relocates to the sleepy, middle-of-nowhere town of Palm Glade, Florida, where the sunshine and golf are plentiful and crime is seemingly at a minimum. But this town outside the Florida Everglades isn’t quite as idyllic as he thought, as he finds people keep turning up murdered. Each case pulls Longworth off the golf course and reluctantly into his element as one of the sharpest homicide detectives in the field.
“THE GLADES” is executive produced by Clifton Campbell (“White Collar,” “Profiler,” “21 Jump Street”) and also stars Kiele Sanchez (“Lost,” “Samantha Who?”), Carlos Gómez (“Shark,” “Sleeper Cell”) and Michelle Hurd (“Law & Order SVU,” “Gossip Girl”).
Follow Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment on: Twitter @FoxHomeEnt
Ultimate Golf Buddy Tips
You’ll want to escape the grind of cracking hard cases – or basically just your cubical, and go grab a copy of the Complete First Season of The Glades out on DVD June 14th. With the summer season just around the corner, we’re going to take a look at some of the great pointers from Longworth and his best golfing buddy and partner, Carlos – gain insight from this amusing television show on what truly makes someone a great partner on the green.
- Always keep a poker face and be sure to keep that clubface centered.
- Never give Jim an extra stroke because he most certainly cheats.
- Keep your head down and watch the ball – don’t lose sight of clues under your nose.
- The shortest distance between two clues, is only as far as the imaginary line and the marker you give the outcome.
- Avoid conducting too much business on the course – enjoy the time you have to escape
- If you have to leave a game to go see about a case, declare the hole, a crime scene investigation. Never ever, EVER let anyone move your ball.
- Paying attention to the slope, wind resistance and trajectory may not always keep you out of bounds, but it will keep you from looking like a bandit.
- Set your cell phone to vibrate so you can still enjoy your game, and not miss a call from the chief.
- Out of all the clubs in your bag, your 3 Iron is the most suited to prod in the bogs for evidence.
- Never let a pretty girl distract you from breaking 80.
The Glades Season 1 DVD is loaded with exclusive special features including unaired deleted scenes, gag reel, behind-the-scenes footage, featurettes, director and cast commentaries.