The fastest man alive swept up Canadians last night with an initial audience of 2.3 million viewers for the series premiere of THE FLASH, preliminary overnight data from Numeris (BBM Canada) confirms. Winning the day overall with total viewers and in all key demos, THE FLASH secured the highest overnight audience for a new series this fall in the key A18-49 demo.THE FLASH delivered younger viewers to 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two, and is also now available on demand on CTV.ca and CTV GO.Tuesday, as the network owned the Top 3 programs among A18-34 and A18-49. CTV won every hour of primetime in the key demos, and led the night in all key markets with A18-49 and A25-54. THE FLASH premiere airs again tonight at
Overall, CTV had three of the Top 5 programs Tuesday. Powered by THE FLASH, a new episode of MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. grew 22% to 1.8 million viewers, an overnight season-high. Meanwhile, PERSON OF INTEREST won its 10 p.m. hour with 1.7 million viewers.
With preliminary Playback + 7 data now in, last Tuesday’s (Sept. 30) lineup on CTV saw new episodes of MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. grow 56% to 2.3 million (from 1.5 million) and PERSON OF INTEREST increase 26% to 2.1 million (from 1.7 million).
A closer look at Tuesday’s Numeris (BBM Canada) preliminary data:
At 8 p.m., THE FLASH:
- Grew in its second half-hour with total viewers and in the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos.
- Was #1 for the night with the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos in all key markets, and in Toronto delivered a 10.3 rating for A18-34, a 10.9 rating for A18-49, and a 10.4 rating for A25-54.
- Led NCIS (Global/CBS) by 10% with total viewers, and +147% (A18-34), +106% (A18-49), and +58% (A25-54).
At 9 p.m., MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.:
- Led NCIS: NEW ORLEANS (Global/CBS) in all key demos, +156% (A18-34), +100% (A18-49), and +50% (A25-54).
- Was ranked #2 for the night in the key A18-49 and A25-54 demos in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Montreal.
At 10 p.m., PERSON OF INTEREST:
- Led the hour with total viewers, A18-34, A18-49, and A25-54.
- Head-to-head, the series delivered 39% more viewers than CHICAGO FIRE (1.2 million; Global/NBC).