Home » The Closer And Saving Grace Big Ratings Start For TNT
With more than 7.8 million vi­ewers tuning in, TNT’s hit series THE CLOSER returned last night with a bang, ranking as ad-supported cable’s top series telecast for the year-to-date among viewers, households and adults 25-54, according to Cable Fast Nationals. SAVING GRACE followed with a strong showing of 5.2 million viewers, coming in behind THE CLOSER as ad-supported cable’s #2 season premiere for the year-to-date among households.
“Once again, TNT has hit pay dirt with THE CLOSER and SAVING GRACE,” said Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks. “We are thrilled that these award-winning shows have gotten their new seasons off to such great starts and look forward to another outstanding year from both.”
Ratings highlights for last night’s season premiere of THE CLOSER include:
· THE CLOSER scored a 6.2 coverage household rating/5.2 national household rating.
· The season premiere was watched by 7,809,000 viewers; 5,914,000 households; 2,475,000 adults 18-49; and 3,292,000 adults 25-54.
· Last night’s episode ranked as ad-supported cable’s #1 series telecast for the year-to-date in delivery of viewers, households and adults 25-54.
· THE CLOSER’s season premiere outdelivered the series’ overall third-season average among viewers (7,809,000 vs. 7,435,000); households (5,914,000 vs. 5,465,000); adults 18-49 (2,475,000 vs. 2,197,000); and adults 25-54 (3,292,000 vs. 2,944,000).
Ratings highlights for last night’s season premiere of SAVING GRACE include:
· SAVING GRACE garnered a 4.1 coverage household rating/3.5 national household rating.
· Last night’s season premiere delivered 5,156,000 viewers; 3,965,000 households; 1,618,000 adults 18-49; and 2,297,000 adults 25-54.
· SAVING GRACE scored as ad-supported cable’s #2 season premiere for the year-to-date (behind THE CLOSER) among households.
· SAVING GRACE’s season premiere last night outdelivered its overall first-season average among viewers (5,156,000 vs. 4,205,000); households (3,965,000 vs. 3,273,000); adults 18-49 (1,618,000 vs. 1,287,000); and adults 25-54 (2,297,000 vs. 1,726,000).
All numbers and claims above reflect Live + Same Day ratings and deliveries. Last year, THE CLOSER ranked as ad-supported cable’s most watched show on DVR. Complete Live + 7 ratings and deliveries for both THE CLOSER and SAVING GRACE will be available in two weeks.