Find Out Which Season Finales Make TakeFiveGal's Top Five
1. Desperate Housewives, “The Gun Song” and “Free” – This season has had a creative upswing, and I have to say that the season finale 2-hour extravaganza did not disappoint. First things first, I’m glad we got a good explanation about what happened to Katherine, what her secret was, and while it was a bit predictable, it was a good resolution. I really enjoyed how the ladies came together to support her self defense theory, but I have to say that wouldn’t the cops stop Bree from talking with anyone before giving her statement? And that ending? Well played, Desperate Housewives, well played..
Favorite line? So it wasn’t spoken, but my favorite line of the episode was “Five years later” because people didn’t think they’d go there, and they did, and Gale Howard was waiting for us at the finish line!
2. Bones, “The Wannabe in the Weeds” – Another solid episode by the Bones gang! We’re getting more insight into the Booth and Bones relationships, and you know how much I love that. They still keep us guessing until the end of the episode when we find out that Ace Young was killed by the neighbor with sound issues. Brennan’s performance of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun was so great! She sounds just like her sister and I LOVE her sister (Zooey Deschanel, of She & Him). And let’s talk about that ending with crazy Pam shooting at Booth? And then Brennan hauling off and shooting her in the head? Fabulous!
Favorite line? Brennan explaining her appreciation for Cyndi Lauper, “The girls and I referred to her as ‘rad!”
3. Lost, “There’s No Place Like Home”– This episode just raised more questions than gave us answers, but my favorite moment of the entire year happened in the future at Christian’s funeral. You guessed it – I’ve been watching with baited breath waiting to see how Jack would find out about Claire being his sister. They did not disappoint. So much more stuff happened in this episode….how am I to believe that in just 2 more hours of Lost, we’re going to see how the incredibly dispersed Oceanic 6 make it back together? All I know is that they’ve gotten my interest piqued. I hope they don’t let me down.
Favorite line? “You were in the air for 6 hours with your sister.” (Claire’s miraculously healthy mother to Jack). That about sums it up!
4. Battlestar Galactica, “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” – Let me start of by saying how freaking wicked awesome Gaeta’s singing voice is. They should have let the boy sing everything and always! This episode started to ramp up the excitement, am I right? I totally did not expect Athena to pull the trigger, but damn! There she went. Did it look like Natalie has survived through to next week, and we’ll see them try to save her? Or was that my imagination? Oh and how about the crazy hybrid yelling “JUMP” as soon as she was turned on, and there goes Kara, Balter, and Laura into the great unknown! Just a great episode all around.
Favorite line? Laura to Tory “Clearly my friendship and trust mean frak” because seriously, someone needed to put Balter-lover-Cylon Tory in her place.
5. CSI: NY, “Taxi” – I was never a huge fan of any of the CSIs, but for some reason I’ve gotten incredibly hooked on the NY version, and I can’t put my finger on what it is, but Eddie Cahill’s super hot accent could have a lot to do with it. That said, this week’s episode has suspense, and just enough “oh that’s not even possible” to have me on the edge of my seat. Also, I’m a fan of anything Kyle Gallnar does because seriously, he’s Beaver Casablancas from Veronica Mars! I love when the team comes together to solve a problem! So good!
Favorite line? Stella’s worried “It’s Reed” when she and Mac are told about the blogger giving away pieces of the investigation. She wasn’t just an investigator, she was Mac’s friend.