As part of Syfy’s comprehensive Comic Con activities, including sweepstakes, panels and screenings, Syfy.com today announced the availability of a free Comic Con 2009 App on the App Store.
The Syfy Comic Con 2009 App makes sure no one misses any of the excitement of the convention by letting fans keep track of the coolest sights and latest news direct from the show floor, where the hottest movies, TV shows, games and comics will be on display. Fans can also submit, view, comment on and rate photos from the show and follow the latest breaking Comic Con news via SciFiWire.com
The App also has a full schedule of Syfy events and provides direct links to Syfy episodes for sale in the iTunes Store, including the free first episode of the new hit series Warehouse 13.
The Syfy Comic Con 2009 App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.
Syfy Comic-Con events also include:
* Syfy will take over a restaurant at the Hard Rock Hotel (207 5th Ave), rebranding it as Eureka’s Cafe Diem for the duration of the convention. The fictional local hot spot heavily featured in the popular dramedy, Café Diem will be the hub of all Syfy activities during the week.
* Comic-Con Flyaway Sweepstakes with the winner receiving a trip for two to the convention as well as admission to the Syfy/EW party on July 25.
* Syfy panels include Sanctuary, Stargate Universe, Caprica, Warehouse 13 and Eureka (Showcasing Ronald D. Moore, Robert Carlyle, Edward James Olmos, Amanda Tapping, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Eddie McClintock and Joanne Kelly, among other panelists).
* Special Friday Night preview screenings of Warehouse 13 and Eureka.
* Video coverage of all events on Syfy.com.
Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in 95 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)