A Special Deluxe Edition "Heroes" Soundtrack will be available in wide release starting September 9, 2008, it was announced today by Shelli Hill, Vice President NBC Universal Television, DVD, Music and Consumer Products Group. Released by NBC Universal through its NBC Records label, the Deluxe Edition album will now be available wherever music is sold and will feature a multi-panel foldout package that includes over 20 powerful illustrations from graphic artists Tim Sale and Steven Parke. NBC's Emmy and Golden Globe nominated drama "Heroes" returns for its third season on September 22nd.
The "Heroes" Soundtrack was executive produced by independent music veteran Errol Kolosine ("Six Feet Under") in collaboration with "Heroes" creator & executive producer Tim Kring and "Heroes" executive producer & director Allan Arkush ("Crossing Jordan," "The Temptations" and classic cult film "Rock 'n Roll High School!"). Offering an eclectic mix of artists from Bob Dylan and Panic! At The Disco to the show's music composers Wendy & Lisa, the album also offers a number exclusive tracks including a duo with Brighton Port Authority and Iggy Pop and Wilco's "Glad It's Over," as well as The Jesus & Mary Chain's first new studio recording in more than a decade, "All Things Must Pass."
The new Deluxe Edition "Heroes" Soundtrack features a collectible multi-panel foldout package with nine vivid show renderings from acclaimed graphic novel artist Tim Sale and 15 commissioned illustrations of the "Heroes" Soundtrack bands from comic book icon Steven Parke.
"We were so happy to be able to put together such a tremendous compilation of artists and sounds to reflect the power of the show," said Hill. "Several of the tracks will be featured in the third season and we know that 'Heroes' fans will love how these songs have been integrated into the series."
"The 'Heroes' soundtrack has been really fun to work on," said Arkush, "Getting all the demos of the songs by some of my favorite bands and following those songs through the recording process and final mix gave me a tremendous sense of accomplishment. This is the perfect time for the soundtrack to appear with the complete artwork," Arkush continued. "Steven Parke captured the visual style of the show and applied it perfectly to our artists. How great to have that famous Bowie photo rendered like a 'Heroes' painting! Music and Art heaven!"
The 18-track compilation opens with the show's composers, Wendy & Lisa's "Heroes" theme song and also includes Wilco's "Glad It's Over" and the recently released track by Panic! At The Disco, "Nine in the Afternoon." Other performers on the album include Nada Surf ("Weightless"), Death Cab For Cutie ("Jealousy Rides With Me"), Cucu Diamantes & Yerba Buena ("Maya's Theme"), Sheila Chandra ("ABoneConeDrone 3") and My Morning Jacket ("Chills"). Rounding out the soundtrack are classic cuts from Bob Dylan ("Man in the Long Black Coat") and Davie Bowie ("Heroes"). Several of the tracks will be heard in the upcoming season of "Heroes."
The complete track listing is as follows:
1. Heroes Title – Wendy & Lisa
2. Fire and Regeneration – Wendy & Lisa
3. He's Frank – Brighton Port Authority featuring Iggy Pop (*)
4. All For Swinging You Around – New Pornographers
5. Glad It's Over – Wilco (*)
6. Weightless – Nada Surf
7. Nine In The Afternoon – Panic! At The Disco
8. Chills – My Morning Jacket (*)
9. Natural Selection – Wendy & Lisa
10. ABoneCroneDrone 3 – Shelia Chandra
11. Not Now But Soon – Imogen Heap (*)
12. Jealously Rides With Me – Death Cab For Cutie
13. All Things Must Pass – The Jesus and Mary Chain (*)
14. Homecoming – Wendy & Lisa
15. Man In The Long Black Coat – Bob Dylan
16. Maya's Theme -Cucu Diamantes& Yerba Buena (*)
17. Keeping My Composure – The Chemical Brothers featuring Spank Rock (*)
18. Heroes – David Bowie
* Denotes an exclusive new release on the "Heroes" soundtrack album (all Wendy & Lisa music is exclusive).