The wait is over and it's 'sew' time. Bravo's highly-anticipated fourth season of the three-time Emmy-nominated competition reality series "Project Runway" returns Wednesday, November 14 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. Returning to the runway, host supermodel Heidi Klum heads a panel of industry luminaries, including judges Michael Kors, top women's and men's wear designer and Nina Garcia, Elle magazine fashion director, as they decide who is "in" and who is "out." Tim Gunn, Chief Creative Officer at Liz Claiborne, Inc. will once again act as a mentor to the contestants as they navigate weekly fashion challenges. In what will prove to be the most exciting season yet, some of the biggest names in fashion, sports and design will guest star this season on "Runway."
Photography and bios are available at www.nbcumv.com.
"The anticipation has been building among our loyal fans and they won't be disappointed," said Lauren Zalaznick, President, Bravo Media. Bravo's buzz, quality of programming, and the high level of talented contestants is nowhere more evident than in this fourth season of Project Runway."
"It is very exciting to be going into our fourth season of Project Runway, and I think it will be the best season yet — I'm sure the audience will enjoy it," said Klum. "Fashion is such a difficult business, and besides being great TV, we're proud that the show allows some very talented designers to have a platform."
Harvey Weinstein, Co-chairman of The Weinstein Company stated, "We look forward to building off of Project Runway's incredible commercial and critical success. Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn and a whole new crop of designers are back to offer millions of fans a behind the scenes look at the high-stakes world of fashion and everything else that makes 'Project Runway' one of the most dynamic brands on TV."
The 15 "Project Runway" contestants will be whittled down to the finalists who will show their own line in front of an audience of fashion industry movers and shakers at New York Fashion Week. As part of the winner's prize package, an editorial feature on the winning designer will run in an issue of ELLE, the winner will walk away with a cash prize of $100,000 from TRESemmé professional hair care to start their own line, and will have the opportunity to sell a fashion line on Bluefly.com. Saturn will award the winner a 2008 Saturn Astra.
The following are the 15 new "Project Runway" designers:
- Carmen, 37 – Hometown: Charlotte, N.C.; Resides in N.Y.
- Chris, 44 – Hometown: San Francisco, Calif.; Resides in N.Y.
- Christian, 21 – Hometown: Annapolis, Md.; Resides in N.Y.
- Elisa, 42 – Hometown: El Paso, Texas; Resides in Santa Fe, N.M.
- Jack, 38 – Hometown: Seattle, Wash.; Resides in N.Y.
- Jillian, 26 – Hometown/Resides In: Selden in Long Island, N.Y.
- Kevin, 30 – Hometown: Fairfield, N.J.; Resides in N.Y.
- Kit, 26 – Hometown: Los Angeles, CA; Resides in Los Angeles, C.A.
- Marion, 39 – Hometown: Tyler, Texas; Resides in Dallas, Texas.
- Rami, 31 – Hometown: Ramallah, Jerusalem; Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Ricky, 35 – Hometown: Escondido, Calif.; Resides in N.Y.
- Simone, 32 – Hometown: San Francisco, Calif.; Resides in Los Angeles, Calif.
- Steven, 30 – Hometown/Resides In: Chicago, Ill.
- Sweet P, 46 – Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif.; Resides in Glendale, Calif.
- Victorya, 34 – Hometown: Seoul, Korea; Resides in N.Y.
Fans will be able to log onto www.BravoTV.com to watch bonus clips of "Project Runway," listen to Tim Gunn's podcast, watch the designers' audition videos and read blogs written by Gunn and Garcia. Also on www.BravoTV.com users will have the chance to compete in online challenges by sending in photos of their take on each week's challenges. Users will once again be able to "Rate the Runway" and vote on which designs they think should have been "in" or "out" after every episode. On their mobile phones, fans will be able to access the "Project Runway" WAP site at wap.bravotv.com (or text BRAVO to 27286), where they can see exclusive video diaries, photos, interviews, designer fashion tips and more.