Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) and Disney-ABC Television Group today announced that they recently entered into an extension of their previous existing licensing agreement. The extension allows Netflix to continue to stream hundreds of library episodes from ABC Studios, Disney Channel and ABC Family over the Internet. As part of the deal, Netflix is also adding new content to its lineup of Disney-ABC series and TV movies.
The agreement adds to the growing selection of content that can be streamed from Netflix in the United States. Episodes from new seasons of current Disney-ABC series will be made available to Netflix 30-days after the last episode of each season airs.
Among the series and TV movies extended as part of the deal include:
- Prior season episodes of ABC current hit series “Grey’s Anatomy,” “Desperate Housewives,” and “Private Practice”
- All episodes of recent ABC favorites “Lost,” “Brothers & Sisters,” and “Ugly Betty”
- Prior season episodes of critically-acclaimed “Army Wives” from ABC Studios
- Popular series from ABC Family including “The Secret Life of the American Teenager,” “Melissa & Joey,” and “Make It or Break It”
- A wide range of content from Disney Channel including series “Phineas and Ferb,” ” Good Luck Charlie,” “The Suite Life on Deck,” and “Hannah Montana”
New content from Disney-ABC that will be added to the service include:
- ABC Family’s smash hit series “Switched at Birth”
- Prior season episodes of Disney Channel’s animated series “Kick Buttowski”
- All episodes of the ABC thriller “Alias”
“Disney and ABC have been and continue to be an innovative and supportive partner for Netflix. The diverse but always excellent programming from the different channels and networks are favorites of our members and we are thrilled to broaden the scope and extend the terms or our relationship,” said Ted Sarandos, chief content officer, Netflix.