Home » Lifetime Unveils 20 New Designers For PROJECT RUNWAY Season 9
(LtoR: Top Row) Danielle Everine, Rafael Cox, David Chum, Serena da Conceicao, Gunnar Deatherage, Anya Ayoung-Chee, Bryce Black, Fallene Wells, Julie Tierney, Laura Kathleen, Olivier Green, Becky Ross, Cecilia Motwani, Kimberly Goldson (Bottom Row) Bert Keeter, Amanda Perna, Joshua Christensen, Joshua Mckinley, Viktor Luna, Anthony Ryan Auld. Photo Credit Courtesy of Lifetime Television
The Emmy® Award nominated series, Project Runway, kicks off its ninth season with 20 talented designers – the most in series history – beginning Thursday, July 28, at 9pm ET/PT on Lifetime Television. In the show’s 90-minute format, the new crop of designers will encounter host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia and top-name guest designers and judges from the worlds of fashion, film and television, including Christina Ricci for the premiere episode, as they face inventive challenges, unexpected eliminations and other surprises along the way. Other guest judges include Kim Kardashian, Zoe Saldana and Malin Akerman.
In a Project Runway first, during the premiere episode, 20 designers must go in front of Heidi, Michael, Nina and Tim to make a case why they deserve one of the 16 coveted spots this season. Once they are chosen, the 16 designers barely have a chance to celebrate before being awoken at the crack of dawn with one of the toughest first challenges in the series’ history. Filmed on location in New York, each episode will feature more couture creations and fashion flubs as the designers attempt to make the cut to show at New York Fashion Week at Lincoln Center.
The Project Runway, Season Nine designers are:
· Amanda Perna, 25 – Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Resides in: New York, NY
· Anthony Ryan Auld, 28 – Hometown: Linden, TX; Resides in: Baton Rouge, LA
· Anya Ayoung-Chee, 29 – Hometown: Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago; Resides in: Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
· Becky Ross, 38 – Hometown: Calumet, MI; Resides in: Portland, OR
· Bert Keeter, 57 – Hometown: Washington, D.C.; Resides in: Los Angeles, CA
· Bryce Black, 26 – Hometown: Twin Falls, ID; Resides in: Portland, OR
· Cecilia Motwani, 34 – Hometown: Cordoba, Argentina; Resides in: Woodside, NY
· Danielle Everine, 26 – Hometown: Minneapolis, MN; Resides in: Minneapolis, MN
· David Chum, 29 – Hometown: Merong, Battaan, Philippines; Resides in: Boston, MA
· Fallene Wells, 29 – Hometown: Las Vegas, NV; Resides in: Denver, CO
· Gunnar Deatherage, 21 – Hometown: La Grange, KY; Resides in: Louisville, KY
· Joshua McKinley, 25 – Hometown: Cleveland, OH; Resides in: New York, NY
· Joshua Christensen, 29 – Hometown: Snohomish, WA; Resides in: Los Angeles, CA
· Julie Tierney, 35 – Hometown: Baton Rouge, LA; Resides in: Grand Junction, CO
· Kimberly Goldson, 35- Hometown: Brooklyn, NY; Resides in: White Plains, MD
· Laura Kathleen , 26 – Hometown: St. Louis, MO; Resides in: St. Louis, MO
· Olivier Green, 22 – Hometown: International; Resides in: New York, NY
· Rafael Cox, 27 – Hometown: Alamogordo, New Mexico; Resides in: Atlanta, GA
· Serena da Conceicao, 31 – Hometown: Kingston, NY; Resides in: Brooklyn, NY
· Viktor Luna, 30 – Hometown: Guadalajara, Mexico; Resides in: New York, NY
As part of the winner’s prize package, this season’s victorious designer will receive $100,000 from L’Oréal Paris to start his/her own line, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine, a 50,000 dollar technology suite from HP and Intel to enable their creativity and run their business and the opportunity to design and sell an exclusive collection on Piperlime.com. The model paired with the winner of Project Runway will also appear in the designer’s editorial feature in Marie Claire and receive $25,000 from L’Oreal Studio Secrets Professional.
Fans can join the conversation by following @projectrunway on Twitter and using #projectrunway.