just wrapped two successful days of its first-ever virtual convention, , hosted by Jackie Jennings, SYFY Wire on-air correspondent, writer, and producer. The con was action-packed, featuring musical guests and engaging concert experiences from Fallout Boy, Lights and Jack Black and Kyle Gass of Tenacious D, several appearances by the energetic John Cena who moderated a live Q&A with Tenacious D and served as judge of the cosplay contest, as well as a live Q&A with Fall Out Boy which closed out the event.
In case you missed it, the full two days will be available on Monday, 9/28 on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel.
· TRANSFORMERS – Over the course of 3 exciting panels, the Hasbroteam highlighted upcoming entertainment, unveiled new figures across several product lines including War For Cybertron: Kingdom Wave 1, R.E.D., and Prime, and featured iconic voice talent. FJ DeSanto helped premiere the first trailer for Chapter 2: Earthrise of the War For Cybertron: Trilogy on Netflix, followed by a full panel of new product reveals, a goodbye to John Warden, and an appearance from the newest Transformers Hall of Fame inductee, Gregg Berger. To wrap things up, Peter Cullen and Frank Welker shared funny and often heartwarming memorable moments voicing Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Soundwave.
· POWER RANGERS – The brand team panel gave first-looks at the Retro-Morphin Figures and Zeo Megazord, along with a number of Lightning Collection products like the new wave of figures and Metallic Pink Ranger, with sneak peeks at the Monsters and Versus 2-Packs. Moderated by Andre Meadows of “Black Nerd Comedy,” the entertainment panel reunited the cast ofBeast Morphers – Rorrie Travis, Jackie Scislowski, Jazz Baduwalia and Abe Rodriguez – as they talked about filming, life as Rangers and the importance diversity and inclusion play in the franchise. Fun clips were shown including one with fellow castmates Cosme Flores and Kristina Ho, a hilarious bloopers reel and a Dino crossover sneak-peek. The panel – and overall PulseCon brand programming – ended on an epic note as the Power Rangers Dino Fury sneak-peek clip took the screen, followed by an exclusive cast reveal of the Red, Pink and Blue Dino Fury Rangers!
· GHOSTBUSTERS – Hasbro’spanel featured three segments starring Ernie Hudson, the Kenner Classics design team, and Jason Reitman along with the Plasma Series design team. Topics discussed include the legacy of the franchise, history of the Kenner Classics line with a reveal of the Kenner Classics Ghostpopper product, and a deep dive into the all-new Plasma Series Ecto-1 item.
· G.I. JOE – The panel revealed the latest products from the G.I. JOE Classified Series line, including the new Zartan and Cobra Infantry action figures, and the G.I. JOE Retro Collection, adding fan-favorites Scarlett, Roadblock, Destro and more. In addition, the panel paid tribute to iconic G.I. JOE artist Hector Garrido and featured a surprise appearance from actor Henry Golding, with the new Snake Eyes himself getting fans excited for the film’s 2021 release.
· ZOIDS – The Hasbroteam announced the exciting relaunch of Zoids to US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand fans by showcasing the new Zoids Wild animated series on Netflix, revealing amazing new Zoids Beta, Mega, and Giga toys, and sharing a special message from a Takara Tomy designer who captured the history of the franchise and shared what’s in store for the future.