Home » GET HIM TO THE GREEK DVD And Bluray Release Details
A mild-mannered record company employee gets a hilarious crash course in how to party like a rock star in the must-see comedy Get Him to the Greek, coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def, DVD, digital download and video on demand on September 28, 2010 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The latest no-holds-barred comedy from writer and director Nicholas Stoller (Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and producer Judd Apatow (Superbad, Knocked Up), Get Him to the Greek is a hilarious and unpredictable laugh fest filled with unforgettable moments by a top-notch cast. The 2-Disc Blu-ray,™ 2-Disc DVD Collector’s Edition and single disc DVD include an unrated, never-before-seen cut of the movie, plus the version of the film originally shown in theaters and a digital copy of the film that can be viewed on an array of electronic devices. A wealth of bonus features, including extended and alternate scenes, music videos, gag reels, karaoke, filmmaker commentary and much more will make viewers feel like they have a front-row seat to one of the year’s biggest comedy hits.
THE ULTIMATE CHOICE EXCLUSIVELY ON BLU-RAY™:
INSTANT ACCESS TO MORE MOVIES
As an additional value for Get Him to the Greek, Blu-ray™ purchasers can instantly stream a bonus film by choosing from one of three classic comedies— Uncle Buck, Dazed & Confused and Life—on Pocket Blu™ or BD-Live™ on any Internet-connected Blu-ray™ player. The offer extends through March 31, 2011.
AN OUTSTANDING CAST REUNITES JONAH HILL AND RUSSELL BRAND
A spin-off of 2008’s hugely successful Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Get Him to the Greek reunites Jonah Hill (Superbad), playing a low-ranking record-label employee, and Russell Brand (Despicable Me), the ultimate larger-than-life rock-star Aldous Snow. Also starring are Sean Combs (aka P. Diddy) in a devastatingly funny comic turn, Rose Byrne (“Damages”) and Elisabeth Moss (“Mad Men”), plus cameos from music and media stars including Pink, Christina Aguilera, Lars Ulrich, Pharrel, Meredith Viera, Billy Bush, Mario Lopez, Kurt F. Loder and Paul Krugman.
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVELY ON BLU-RAY™:
- Additional and extended scenes not available anywhere else
- Musical performances from The Today Show and VH-1 Storytellers
- Karaoke – Sing along to 15 Outrageous Songs
- The Actual Auditions that landed Rose Byrne, Elisabeth Moss, Nick Kroll, Aziz Ansari and T.J. Miller their roles
- Instant access to stream a bonus movie by choosing one of three hilarious comedies: Uncle Buck, Dazed and Confused or Life via BD-Live or a smartphone
- BD-LIVE™—Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers and more.
- MY SCENES—Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
- Pocket BLU™ APP— Experience Blu-ray in an exciting new way with the pocket BLU™ app for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Blackberry, Android, PC and Macintosh. With this app, you can work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player to activate advanced features such as:
- ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-LiveV functions with ease.
- VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
- MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- KEYBOARD: Enter data into a Blu-ray™ player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard that will facilitate such Blu-ray™ features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
- SOCIAL BLU™— Connect with friends on your favorite social networks to share information about your favorite movies, enjoy Blu-ray™ community features and more!
BONUS FEATURES AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY™ AND 2-DISC COLLECTOR’S EDITION DVD:
- Gag Reel
- Blind Medicine – a promo for Sarah Marshall‘s new TV series
- Feature Commentary with director Nicholas Stoller, cast members Jonah Hill, Russell Brand, Rose Byrne, Elisabeth Moss and producer Rodney Rothman
- Getting To Get Him to The Greek Documentary
- Getting In Tune With The Greek Documentary
- The Making Of “African Child” Documentary
- Five Complete Music Videos featuring Aldous Snow, Infant Sorrow and Jackie Q
- Musical Performances from Infant Sorrow‘s triumphant 1999 Greek Theater Concert and 2009 Comeback Concert, plus a peek at their infamous World Tour and the 2002 London Concert.
- Deleted, Extended and Alternate Scenes including an Alternate Intro and Ending
- Digital Copy
Jonah Hill and Russell Brand reunite in a raunchy, raucous comedy from the writer and director of the smash hit comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Aspiring record company exec Aaron Green (Hill) has the brilliant idea of rejuvenating the career of fading British rock star Aldous Snow (Brand) with a comeback concert at the world-renowned Greek Theater in Los Angeles. Dispatched by his boss (Sean Combs) to transport the notoriously dissolute Snow from London to L.A., Aaron has just 72 hours to wrangle the out-of-control rocker across the Atlantic. The seemingly simple assignment devolves into a thicket of groupies and parties, as Snow does his anarchic best to undermine his handler at every turn and Aaron does whatever it takes to keep his unruly charge on track.
Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.
CAST AND FILMMAKERS
Directed By: Nicholas Stoller
Screenplay By: Nicholas Stoller
Produced By: Judd Apatow, David Bushell, Rodney Rothman, Nicholas Stoller
Executive Producer: Richard Vane
Director of Photography: Robert D. Yeoman
Production Designer: Jan Roelfs
Editors: William Kerr, Michael L. Sale
Costume Designer: Leesa Evans
Original Music : Lyle Workman
Cast: Jonah Hill, Russell Brand, Rose Byrne, Sean Combs, Elisabeth Moss, Colm Meany, Nick Kroll, Aziz Ansari, T. J. Miller
Street Date: September 28, 2010
Selection Number: 2013616
Running Time: 1 Hour 49 minutes/1 Hour 54 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Rating: R for strong sexual content and drug use throughout, and pervasive language / Unrated
Technical Info: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/Dolby Digital 2.0 DVS2, French and Spanish DTS SURROUND 5.1, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles
Street Date: September 28, 2010
Selection Number: 2013617
Running Time: : 1 Hour 49 minutes/1 Hour 54 minutes
Layers: Dual Layer
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Rating: : R for strong sexual content and drug use throughout, and pervasive language / Unrated
Technical Info: English Dolby Digital 5.1/DVS 2.0 DD2, French and Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 , English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles