Home » DANIEL TOSH IS BACK WITH NEW EPISODES OF TOSH.0 BEGINNING ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2 AT 10:30 P.M. ET/PT
Merciless host Daniel Tosh is back to expose and skewer the endless array of ridiculousness on the Internet. Currently in its second season, “Tosh.0,” the weekly, topical, hit series returns with 16 new episodes starting on Wednesday, June 2 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
The “Web Redemption” segment to kick it all off on Wednesday, June 2 is Lightning Bolt Larper. Brendon Boucher, famous for casting his lightning bolt spell on the Internet, is brought to Los Angeles to recreate his famous larping video on “Tosh.0,” accentuated with special effects.
Future “Web Redemption” segments include:
* World of Warcraft Freak Out: Tosh tries to determine if the WoW freak out video was real or fake. He interrogates Stephen and his family in his pursuit of the truth.
* Angry Preacher: Don Vincent, the foul-mouthed public access preacher, visits a monastery with Tosh and learns how to speak to his audience more effectively. He delivers the ultimate gangsta sermon in a pimped-out church.
* Worst Comedian Ever: Darryl Bluett, christened the “worst comedian ever” by the Internet, comes to Los Angeles and is trained by Tosh and a select few to become a better comedian. He just has to not be the “worst comedian ever” to be redeemed. He tries out different comedy styles and then makes a surprise appearance on a legendary talk show.
* Zombie Kid Likes Turtles: Tosh gives the “I like turtles” kid the turtle day of his life and sets the stage for him to make perfect sense with his iconic phrase.
* What What in the Butt: Through various interviews, learn the story behind Samwell’s Internet video, “What What In the Butt.” Then stay tuned as he performs an “unplugged” version of the song with a rock star.
The second season of “Tosh.0” is averaging 1.8 million total viewers and is the most watched show in its timeslot among Men 18-24 and Men 18-34. Since the first season, ratings have enjoyed a meteoric rise in the following demos: Persons 18-49: +83%; Men 18-34 +85%; Men 18-24 +84%.
The uber-popular “Tosh.0” blog is one of COMEDY CENTRAL’s most-visited properties with an average of 660K Unique Visitors per month (Source: Omniture SiteCatalyst) and celebrates its one-year anniversary on May 13. The blog will continue to be updated daily with blog posts, Web-exclusive behind-the-scenes content and interactive features allowing viewers to participate in the “Tosh.0” community. Currently, the blog is rolling out four themed mash-up videos featuring choice moments from earlier “Tosh.0” episodes. Viewers can follow Tosh on Twitter as he live tweets during the show and also by becoming a fan of “Tosh.0” on Facebook.
“Tosh.0” premiered on June 4, 2009 and features the razor sharp humor and biting commentary from comedian Daniel Tosh and delves into all aspects of the Internet from the absolutely absurd to the incredibly ingenious in this weekly, topical series. The series also features viral clips of the week and original videos created by and starring well-known actors and comedians. Each episode features the segment “Web Redemption,” which gives subjects of infamous viral videos (i.e. Phillies Fan and Make It Snow Girl) a second chance to redeem themselves from the embarrassment with which they’ve become synonymous.
Tosh inked a multi-level deal with COMEDY CENTRAL to shoot an original one-hour stand-up special in San Francisco on Saturday, June 12 which will premiere on Sunday, October 3 to be subsequently released with extended material on DVD and CD on Tuesday, October 5. He will also embark on a national stand-up tour which will kick-off in the fall. Recently, the network announced the renewal of “Tosh.0” for a third season which will consist of at least 29 episodes and premiere on Wednesday, January 12 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Tosh has a long history with COMEDY CENTRAL having hosted the network’s “Live at Gotham” stand-up series and performed on “Premium Blend” and “Friday Night Stand-Up.” Tosh has also been featured on the all-comedy channel in a half-hour stand-up special “COMEDY CENTRAL Presents” (2002) and on his first hour-long stand-up special, “Completely Serious” (2007). His premiere CD, “True Stories I Made Up,” was released in 2005 through COMEDY CENTRAL Records.
“Tosh.0” is executive produced by Tosh and Charlie Siskel. Gary Mann is the executive in charge of production for COMEDY CENTRAL.
COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 98 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by, and is a registered trademark of, Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of VIACOM Inc.’s (NYSE: VIA and VIA.B) MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL’s Internet address is www.comedycentral.com.
MTV Networks, a division of Viacom ( VIA, VIA.B), is one of the world’s leading creators of entertainment content, with brands that engage and connect diverse audiences across television, online, mobile, games, virtual worlds and consumer products. The company’s portfolio spans more than 150 television channels and 400 digital media properties worldwide, and includes MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, Harmonix, Nickelodeon, Nick at Nite, Nick Jr., TeenNick, AddictingGames, Neopets, COMEDY CENTRAL, SPIKE, TV Land, Atom, GameTrailers and Xfire.