CMT has commenced production on four new series, it was announced today by Jayson Dinsmore, executive vice president, development and programming, CMT. Among those, CHAINSAW GANG (produced by A Smith & Company) and REDNECK INTERVENTION (produced by Pink Sneakers) will debut this Fall; while FULL METAL RACKET* (produced by Leftfield Pictures) and ROCK RAIDERS* (produced by Taillight TV) are slated to premiere in 2013 (*working titles). Previously announced series, TRINITY 911 and the network’s first animated series, BOUNTY HUNTERS are also in production.
“These shows represent a bolder CMT; with new series that are grounded and peppered with characters that are inherently funny, loud and a bit crazy,” said Dinsmore. “We believe these series will keep CMT viewers laughing, or crying from laughing so hard.”
Earlier this year, the network launched two of the highest-rated series ever with BAYOU BILLIONAIRES and MY BIG REDNECK VACATION, which were quickly renewed for second seasons. Currently airing on Saturday nights, VACATION is midway through its second cycle, and is followed by the all-new, reality competition show REDNECK ISLAND with WWE host Steve Austin. Since VACATION and REDNECK ISLAND began, Saturday nights are up +69% among P18-49 during prime versus last year.
NEW SERIES DESCRIPTIONS:
· REDNECK INTERVENTION – Premieres Sept. 15 – Each week a former redneck is confronted by friends and family members that believe he or she should return to their country roots, in this one-hour, eight-episode reality series. REDNECK INTERVENTION is produced by Pink Sneakers with Kimberly Belcher Cowin, John Ehrhard, Jayson Dinsmore (CMT) and Lewis Bogach (CMT) serving as executive producers.
· CHAINSAW GANG – Premieres Fall TBD – As featured in a new 10-episode reality series, Stacy Poitras leads a rag-tag bunch of the country’s premiere chainsaw artists who battle blades breaking, chainsaws bursting into flames and agitating each other as they manage to deliver incredible works of art – and a really good time. CHAINSAW GANG is produced by A Smith & Co. Productions, with Arthur Smith, Kent Weed, Frank Sinton, and Anthony Storm serving as executive producers along with Stacy Poitras, and Matt Miller serving as supervising producer. Claire McCabe and Jayson Dinsmore serve as executive producers for CMT.
· FULL METAL RACKET (working title) – Premieres 2013 – FULL METAL RACKET follows three generations of the Sumner family who run Knob Creek Gun Range, their family owned business in Knob Creek, Kentucky. At Knob Creek Gun Range, it’s up to the Sumner family to keep things running smoothly as customers use, try out and even purchase and sell weapons across a broad spectrum of firearms – from a cannon to a machine gun. They can even blow up whatever they bring to the range. This 10-episode series is produced by Leftfield Pictures, with Brent Montgomery, David George and Shawn Witt serving as executive producers for Leftfield Pictures. Lewis Bogach and Jayson Dinsmore serve as Executive Producers for CMT.
· ROCK RAIDERS (working title) – Premieres 2013 – On ROCK RAIDERS, one man’s trash is two guys’ treasures. In this 10-episode series, the collectors Robert Reynolds and Stephen Shutts travel across the U.S. in search of music history’s most-treasured finds, scouring local flea markets and garage sales to discover personal – and sometimes valuable – music memorabilia. From finding a vintage juke box that once belonged to Johnny Cash, to potential items from such artists as Elvis, Hank Williams Jr., Nirvana, Cheap Trick and Led Zeppelin, each episode embarks on a fun, light-hearted and often unexpected quest. ROCK RAIDERS is produced by Tom Forest and Thom Oliphant for Taillight TV, with Jayson Dinsmore and Claire McCabe serving as executive producers for CMT.
PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED SERIES now in production:
· TRINITY 911 (working title) – Premieres Fall TBD – CMT will bring the larger-than-life humor of one small-town Texas police force to TV in a new 10-episode reality series. Each half-hour episode of the workplace reality series will follow the on and off-duty antics of the most colorful police department in Texas. The officers in tiny Trinity, Tex., (population 2,656) may not have the world’s highest crime rate to contend with, but keeping their small town safe from danger is a full-time job for this fun-loving crew. TRINITY 911 is produced by Endemol USA with Greg Johnston serving as executive producer. Jayson Dinsmore and Eliot Goldberg serve as executive producers for CMT.
· BOUNTY HUNTERS – Premieres 2013 – Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy and Lisa Lampanelli together serve as the voices for CMT’s first animated series, BOUNTY HUNTERS, a hilarious tale about three friends and their two-bit bounty hunting business. The 13-episode series BOUNTY HUNTERS is executive produced by Foxworthy, Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy, as well as Joel Rice, Michael Prupas and Jesse Prupas for Muse Entertainment. JP Williams and Jennifer Novak executive produce for Parallel Entertainment; Jayson Dinsmore, Eliot Goldberg and Melanie Moreau for CMT; along with writers Eric Horsted and Glenn Clements.