Home » Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Tasty Thanksgiving Tips
Thanksgiving dinner would not be complete without the turkey. World-renowned chef and star of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES, Gordon Ramsay suggests these simple, turkey tips to help make your holiday nightmare-free.
· Test the Turkey – To ensure your turkey is cooked, skewer the thickest part of the thigh and check the juices. If they’re clear, the turkey is done; if they’re pink, the turkey needs more time in the oven.
· Baste the Turkey – To avoid the skin shriveling as it cools, baste the turkey as soon as it comes out of the oven.
· Rest the Turkey – Never slice the turkey straight from the oven! When the turkey is ready, cover it with tin foil and let it rest for at least 25 – 30 minutes. Resting the meat allows the juices to redistribute in the bird, making it moist and tender.
· Slice the Turkey – Use the whole bird. Carve the breast first and then start on the legs.
· Gravy – Don’t forget the pan juices from the turkey-roasting tray! It’s where all the turkey flavor is stored, and makes a great base for your gravy.
KITCHEN NIGHTMARES has all-new episodes through the month of November on FOX. On Wednesday, Nov. 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) Chef Ramsay visits Pomona, CA, to try to rev up business for Lela’s, an upscale restaurant in desperate need of customers. When Gordon gets in the kitchen and starts criticizing the menu items, the executive chef is less than thrilled and they have a showdown in front of the entire staff.
The nightmares continue on Wednesday, Nov. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) when Chef Ramsay heads to Fair Lawn, NJ, to visit Campania, an Italian restaurant that’s losing more money than its making. Serious changes are needed or this restaurant will be forced to close its doors for good. With Gordon's changes in place, they have a grand re-opening, but just when everything seems to be going smoothly, the cops crash the party!