CBS All Access, CBS’ direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand service, launched today in Canada, marking its first expansion into an international market. For $5.99 CAD, CBS All Accesswill offer Canadian viewers more than 7,500 commercial-free episodes on demand, spanning full current seasons of select CBS series, entire previous seasons and classic shows, as well as the ability to live stream CBSN, CBS News’ 24/7 streaming news service.
CBS All Access is available beginning today in Canada at cbsallaccess.ca, on iOS and Android mobile and tablet devices, and on Apple TV and Chromecast. CBS All Access will be launching on other connected devices in Canada in the coming months.
“The launch of CBS All Access in Canada is a significant milestone for the service,” said Marc DeBevoise, President and Chief Operating Officer, CBS Interactive. “We’ve experienced incredible growth domestically and see a great opportunity to bring the service and CBS’ renowned programming directly to international audiences across a range of platforms and devices. We look forward to continuing to expand CBS All Access across additional platforms, with even more content, and bringing the service to other markets around the world.”
CBS All Access brings thousands of episodes of CBS’ leading programming to digital platforms, making it simple for fans looking for more CBS content to get it in one easy-to-use, multiplatform service.
At launch, CBS All Access includes the following on-demand programming in an advertising-free environment, with more to be added in the coming months:
- Current, building seasons of nearly 20 primetime shows including NCIS, BULL, SEAL TEAM, MACGYVER and INSTINCT, with new episodes available seven days after they are broadcast.
- All past seasons of 15 primetime series including NCIS, SURVIVOR, ELEMENTARY, MADAM SECRETARY and more.
- CBS All Access original series including season one of THE GOOD FIGHT and comedy series NO ACTIVITY, with more to be announced.
- Ability to livestream CBSN, CBS News’ 24/7 streaming news service featuring live, anchored coverage and original reporting.
- Current episodes of select daytime and late-night favorites including THE TALK, RACHAEL RAY and THE LATE SHOW with STEPHEN COLBERT.
- More than 30 CBS Classic series including all episodes of hits like CHARMED, THE GOOD WIFE, HAWAII FIVE-0 and CSI.
CBS All Access first launched in the U.S. in October 2014 and has grown its subscribers rapidly since that time. On March 15, 2016, CBS Corporation stated that by 2020 it would have eight million subscribers combined for CBS All Access and SHOWTIME’s direct-to-consumer products. CBS recently announced that it is ahead of that pace with both services reaching a combined total of more than five million subscribers in the first quarter of 2018.
To sign up for CBS All Access in Canada visit: cbsallaccess.ca