Cartoon Network unveils four new live-action alternative series this summer as part of its “CN Real” block of programming. Wednesday nights, starting June 17, is the destination for thrills as two new half-hour unscripted series follow real kids on real adventures with the debut of The Othersiders at 8 p.m. (ET, PT), followed by Survive This at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT). Then let the games begin on Saturday, June 20, with two game shows featuring kids competing for some serious cash. BrainRush, the only game show that takes place entirely on a roller coaster, premieres at 8 p.m. (ET, PT) followed by an explosive new competition series Destroy Build Destroy at 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT).
Also premiering on Cartoon Network this summer is the animated reality parody Total Drama Action, the latest in the Total Drama series franchise. A whole new twist on Cartoon Network’s #1 series of 2008, Total Drama Island, Total Drama Action premieres Thursday, June 11, at 9 p.m. (ET, PT).
Wednesdays, beginning June 17
· The Othersiders, 8 p.m. (ET, PT): This thrilling reality-adventure series follows five friends on real missions to explore mysterious, reportedly haunted locations in search of evidence that will confirm or deny the existence of paranormal activity.
· Survive This, 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT): An exciting reality series challenges teenagers ages 14 to 17 to push their limits, overcome fears and develop lifelong survival skills. Hosted by Les Stroud (Survivorman), each episode aims to test endurance, wits and self-determination.
Saturdays, beginning June 20
· BrainRush, 8:00 p.m. (ET, PT): BrainRush is the first game show that takes place entirely on roller coasters! Host Lamorne Morris puts players to the test with questions and brainteasers all while strapped into a thrill-a-minute amusement park ride.
· Destroy Build Destroy, 8:30 p.m. (ET, PT): Two teams, with the guidance and assistance of professionals, compete by destroying a large structure, rebuilding it into something different and then destroying it again. Host Andrew W.K. moderates the mayhem, as each week new teams face new challenges to build from the debris, with strategy, wits and teamwork deciding which team’s creation out-performs the other—and whose hard work goes up in smoke.
Thursdays, beginning June 11
· Total Drama Action, 9 p.m. (ET, PT): This animated comedy series showcases all the elements of reality TV shows—romances and friendships, scheming and sabotage, death-defying stunts and stomach-curdling challenges, all within larger-than-life elimination competition. Total Drama Action succeeds Cartoon Network’s #1 animated show of 2008, Total Drama Island, from Cake Distribution and Fresh Animation. Fourteen contestants face thrilling challenges on an abandoned film studio back-lot, all inspired by the movies.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 97 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for youth and families. Nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.