Part sweeping soap, part mediation on the dangerous moral ramifications of artificial intelligence, the “Battlestar Galactica” phenomenon continues with this undeniably compelling look at where the real conflict between humans and the Cylons began . . . in a vibrant world remarkably like our own, “Caprica.” From executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, “Caprica” Season 1.0 stars Golden Globe-nominee Eric Stoltz (Pulp Fiction), Esai Morales (“NYPD Blue”), Paula Malcomson (“Deadwood”), Alessandra Toressani (“Happy Campers”), Magda Apanowicz (“Kyle XY”), Sasha Roiz (“In Plain Sight”), Brian Markinson (“The L Word”) and Polly Walker (Clash of the Titans).
Hailed by critics as “beautifully shot and marvelously acted” (Mary McNamara, Los Angeles Times), “Caprica” Season 1.0 debuts on DVD on October 5, 2010 as a four-disc set and features Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. Taking place fifty-eight years before Battlestar Galactica begins, “Caprica” Season 1.0 focuses on two powerful families – the Graystones and the Adamas – who find their destinies irrevocably intertwined after a devastating explosion. As the two houses struggle with the line where humanity ends and artificial intelligence – the Cylon race – begins, they will face off on a battlefield of corporate conspiracy, murder, sexual politics and family betrayal. The DVD features nine hours of extras, including 48 deleted scenes, commentaries, podcasts and both the unrated, extended and unaired pilot episode and the original televised version.
- SEASON 1.5 SNEAK PEEK: An all-new sneak peek at upcoming episodes featuring Ronald D. Moore and the Caprica cast.
- 13 VIDEO BLOGS: A look behind-the-scenes and from the set of “Caprica.”
- PODCASTS with co-creator/executive producer, Ronald D. Moore, executive producer David Eick, co-executive producer Jonas Pate and the “Caprica” cast and crew.
- FEATURE COMMENTARIES with co-creator/executive producer Ronald D. Moore, executive producers Jane Espenson and David Eick along with director Jeffrey Reiner.
- UNRATED & EXTENDED PILOT EPISODE: with commentary from director Jeffrey Reiner, executive producer/writer Ronald D. Moore and executive producer David Eick.
- THE CAPRICA DYNASTY: Viewers will learn how “Caprica” came about and discover from the cast exactly what it was that appealed to them about the project and their experiences making it.
- THE LOOK OF CAPRICA: With its unique take on futuristic style, “Caprica” redefines the Sci-Fi genre with a mix of film noir and classic 1940s fashion. Fans will discover the influences for this distinctive look and learn how it was achieved.
- CREATING A WORLD: Visual Effects supervisor, Gary Hutzel and his team lift the lid on the virtual sets, CGI Cylons and matte backgrounds that makes up the futuristic world of “Caprica.”
- 48 DELETED SCENES
Street Date: October 5, 2010
Copyright: 2010 Universal Studios Home Entertainment
Selection Number: 61115526
Running Time: 8 hours, 54 minutes
Layers: Dual Layer
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1
Rating: Not Rated
Languages: English Digital Dolby 5.1
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French