Today, Apple® andintroduced new ® styles and an expanded assortment of bands that incorporate Hermès’ signature palette alongside a series of bold new colors. With a design process driven entirely by a shared ambition for ultimate beauty and utility, the collection pairs Apple Watch Series 2 with finely handcrafted leather bands in distinctive styles from Hermès, and features exclusive watch face designs inspired by the iconic Clipper, Cape Cod and Espace Hermès models. Apple Watch Hermès is the ultimate tool for modern living, a product of elegant, artful simplicity and functionality.
“Ours is a partnership born of parallel thinking and mutual regard — we share similar preoccupations, ever evolving and refining our design,” said Jonathan Ive, Apple’s chief design officer.
“We are united by the same vision, the uncompromising pursuit of excellence and authenticity, and the creation of objects that remain as relevant and functional as they are beautiful. This is a new step of our attelage,” said Pierre-Alexis Dumas, Hermès’ executive vice president, in charge of artistic direction.
The expanded Apple Watch Hermès collection includes a new style — the Double Buckle Cuff in Swift and Epsom calfskin leathers, inspired by an archetypal Hermès sandal design by Pierre Hardy, creative director of Hermès shoes and jewelry, elegantly framing the wrist in new colors including Rose Jaipur, Étoupe and Bleu Agate. The new Single Tour Deployment Buckle band is a reimagined take on a classic form, pairing the elemental simplicity of Hermès Barenia calfskin leather with the modernity of an Hermès hidden deployment buckle, which opens with a click of two side buttons. The classic Double Tour and Single Tour styles continue for fall in refreshed colors including Anemone.
New Apple Watch Hermès models pair with Apple Watch Series 2, which features GPS, water resistance 50 meters,* a two-times-brighter display, a powerful dual-core processor and watchOS® 3, and include an exclusive Hermès Sport Band in signature orange. The water resistant Sport Band is light and flexible for ultimate comfort and durability when working out, and is uniquely etched with ‘Apple Watch Hermès.’
Pricing & Availability
- Apple Watch Hermès is available in two different case sizes, 38 mm and 42 mm. The 38 mm Single Tour is $1149 (US); 42 mm Single Tour is $1199 (US); 38 mm Double Tour is $1299 (US); 42 mm Single Tour Deployment Buckle is $1399 (US); and 38 mm Double Buckle Cuff is $1499 (US) from select Apple Stores and select Hermès stores, specialty stores and department stores.
- Apple Watch Hermès will be available beginning Friday, September 23 in Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Macau, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
- Apple Watch Hermès Bands are sold separately and are available beginning Friday, September 16.** The Single Tour Band is $339 (US), Double Tour is $489 (US) and Double Buckle Cuff is $689 (US).
- Apple Watch Series 2 requires iPhone 5 or later running iOS 10 or later. watchOS 3 and iOS 10 will be available beginning Tuesday, September 13 as a free software update. Some features are not available in all regions or all languages.
- Every customer who buys Apple Watch Hermès will be offered free Personal Setup, in-store or online,*** to help set up and personalize their new Apple Watch with calendars, notifications, apps and more.
*Apple Watch Series 2 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010. This means that it may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 2 should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth. Stainless steel and leather bands are not water resistant.
**Apple Watch Hermès Bands will be available beginning Friday, September 23
in Macau and Russia.
***In most countries.
The constant requirement for the finest quality has always been the quest of Hermès. Since its establishment in 1837, six generations of enterprising and passionate artisans have contributed to spreading its values: a savoir-faire built on the application of highly precise and skilled crafts to the finest materials, the love for beautiful objects created to last over time and the spirit of constant innovation. A family owned company, Hermès is managed by Chief Executive Officer, Axel Dumas, a member of the sixth generation of the Hermès family.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple TV. Apple’s four software platforms — iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS — provide seamless experiences across all Apple devices and empower people with breakthrough services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay and iCloud. Apple’s 100,000 employees are dedicated to making the best products on earth, and to leaving the world better than we found it.