Photo : Better Off Ted Cast – ABC/Bob D’Amico
Hello folks! We are deep in the midst of a spring-TV onslaught and there is still so much left to come! Here are the shows that haven’t premiered yet that I’m anticipating with bated breath!
1. Better Off Ted – ABC’s latest comedy offering is one of the funniest things that I honestly have ever seen. Jay Harrington stars as the titular Ted, a man who works for a company that manufactures pretty much whatever you need it to be! Surrounded by a hilarious cast including Portia Di Rossi and Andrea Anders, the show flies by with humor we haven’t seen since Arrested Development. Do I think it will last? Not necessarily, but it’s fun to see it try!
2. Castle – Nathan Fillion is fantastic. As a huge Captain Hammer fan, I am excited with the chance to see him on TV in a role that is good for him (sorry, Desperate Housewives, he was wasted). He has a good chemistry with Stana Katic, and I’m looking forward to see how they keep up the writer-tails-cop-for-story partnership.
3. Glee – Ryan Murphy, creator of Nip/Tuck, created a show around a Glee Club and the Spanish teacher who is required to take over. And it’s going to air after American Idol. And will star one of my favorite people, Jessalyn Gilsig. Count me in, for as long as Fox lets it live!
4. Kings – Ian McShane stars as King Silas Benjamin, the monarch of Gilboa (who lives in the capital city of Shiloh), a country at war with their neighboring country of Gath. And then there’s an unassuming young hero named David who stands up to the Goliath tanks of Gath’s army. Sound familiar? The show finds a new way to tell the story of David’s rise to becoming king and it’s brilliant.
5. Dollhouse – At the risk of angry emails, I have to say that I’m not a huge Whedon fan. That’s not to say I don’t love Buffy or Angel or Dr. Horrible, I just don’t really fall at the altar of Joss-liness. That said, I am absolutely looking forward to Dollhouse because the premise intrigues me, Tahmoh Penikett is my favorite BSGer, and Fran Kranz is very charismatic. Oh and Eliza Dushku has something about her that just makes me want to watch. So count me in!