Rob Delaney (Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage.) and Sharon Horgan (Pulling), , produced by Avalon Television, with co-producers Birdbath Productions and Merman, is a comedy following an Irish woman and an American man who, after making a bloody mess as they struggled to fall in love in London, have embarked on a series of best-attempts to clear it up and generally do the right thing. The highly anticipated third season of is scheduled to premiere exclusively on Prime Video in the US in 2017, and the fourth season is expected to premiere in 2018.today announced it has greenlit two additional seasons of the critically-acclaimed series, . Written by and starring
“Few series have proven themselves as personal and compelling while deftly balancing comedy and drama,” said Joe Lewis, Head of Half Hour TV forStudios. “Like an ever-growing family, two more seasons of Catastrophe will give our customers more love, laughter, and occasional insults yelled very loudly.”
Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan commented on the announcement. “It used to be when you heard the word ‘catastrophe’ you thought of something terrible or destructive. Most people still do, but now some people might also think of our show. So that has to be a positive. We’re very excited to have the opportunity to wreak more terrible destruction on the lives of Sharon and Rob.”
Jon Thoday, joint Managing Director of Avalon Television and show Executive Producer, added: “We are delighted to be part of the Amazonfamily and sit alongside their other excellent and groundbreaking original shows.”
The entire first and second seasons of Catastrophe are now available on Prime Video. In the second season of the show, the stakes are higher as we rejoin the now married Sharon and Rob who are struggling to stay in love–and lust–while taking their trademark mayhem into parenthood. A monstrous family (Carrie Fisher, Star Wars) and crazy friends (Ashley Jensen, Ugly Betty), also seem hell-bent on ensuring that whatever new life-journey Rob and Sharon embark on will be anything but simple. With times having changed for our turbulent lovers, and with their new arrival back home; at the start of the season we rejoin the chaos as they decide on an ill-considered party to get the introductions complete in one hit. Unfortunately for Sharon, the gathering coincides with a visit from Rob’s eBay obsessed (and “card-carrying sadist”) mom, a disturbing revelation about her father’s health and an unfortunate incident with the family dog.
As well as also enjoying universal critical acclaim in the UK and across the world Catastrophe has already won: two 2016 Royal Television Society Awards (Scripted Comedy and Writer: Comedy) two 2016 Broadcasting Press Guild Awards (Best Comedy and Best Writer), a 2016BAFTA TV Craft (Writer: Comedy), a 2016 Rose D’Or Award (Best Sitcom), a 2016 Golden Nymphs Award (best actress in comedy); a 2016South Bank Sky Arts Award (Comedy); and a 2016 Women in Film and TV Awards (Writing).
About Amazon Video
Amazon Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Amazon Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV episodes, including popular licensed content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Amazon Original Series and Movies from Amazon Studios like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, Chi Raq, and kids series,Tumble Leaf available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership
- Add-on Subscriptions: Dozens of subscriptions to networks like SHOWTIME, STARZ and more, available to Amazon Prime members as add-ons to their membership
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and mobile downloads for offline viewing
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on millions of items across all categories, more than one million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, early access to select Lightning Deals all year long, free secure, unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive with Prime Photos, access to borrow books with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.