The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that 10 live action short films will advance in the voting process for the 83rd Academy Awards®. Seventy-six pictures had originally qualified in the category.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production company:
- “Ana’s Playground,” Eric D. Howell, director (StoryForge, LLC)
- “The Confession,” Tanel Toom, director (National Film and Television School)
- “The Crush,” Michael Creagh, director (Purdy Pictures)
- “God of Love,” Luke Matheny, director (Luke Matheny)
- “Na Wewe,” Ivan Goldschmidt, director-producer (CUT!)
- “Seeds of the Fall,” Patrik Eklund, director, and Mathias Fjellstrom, producer (Direktorn & Fabrikorn)
- “Shoe,” Nick Kelly, director, and Seamus Byrne, producer (Zanita Films)
- “The Six Dollar Fifty Man,” Mark Albiston and Louis Sutherland, directors (Sticky Pictures Ltd.)
- “Sma Barn, Stora Ord (Little Children, Big Words),” Lisa James Larsson, director and Andreas Emanuelsson, producer (Bob Film Sweden AB)
- “Wish 143,” Ian Barnes, director, and Samantha Waite, producer (Swing and Shift Films/Union Pictures)
The Short Films and Feature Animation Branch Reviewing Committee viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting in screenings held in New York and Los Angeles.
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco in January 2011.
The 83rd Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Tuesday, January 25, 2011, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2010 will be presented on Sunday, February 27, 2011, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.